close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SBR in Missouri

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by lil'Zeus, Mar 15, 2010.

1. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying to find out what all I need to do to register an SBR in the state of MO. I have herd many things and all of them seem to differ on the procedures.

I have heard I need a:
    C&R FFL
    Form 4 sent and filled out with a check
    Sign off form the County Sherrifs office
    Pass port photos and finger printing

FYI, I am looking to purchase a stripped lower (or could buy a complete lower) from CMMG as they are local to MO. I figured that would save having to ship a lower out and have it engraved.

Also, CMMG told me they could take care of all of my paperwork, but I assume they mean just getting the lower designated as a NFA item from a production standpoint, and I still need to do all my own for the purchase of it.

Also, can MO residents own a "Can" if they have the tax stamp?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks a million in advance!
    Shane

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith
    Expand Collapse
    3Gunner
    Millennium Member

I am not an expert on MO NFA law; however, the following should get you on the right track.

MO requires an FFL for NFA items. The easiest FFL type to obtain is a C&R FFL. If you have a legitimate gun-related business, you can obtain a manufacturing, dealer, etc, type of FFL if that is appropriate.

Other than that, MO should be the same as any other NFA state in regard to the Form 4 process.

I believe suppressors are now legal with a bill that passed about two years ago.

3. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info!!! If I buy the lower from the factory and they register it as a NFA weapon before I purchase it as such, will I still have to go through the engraving route?

Thanks again

4. Zak Smith

Zak Smith
    Expand Collapse
    3Gunner
    Millennium Member

If it was originally manufactured as an SBR, it does not need to be engraved a "second" time.

5. lil'Zeus

lil'Zeus
    Expand Collapse

Thats what I'm shooting for, thanks for the info!

6. scottMO

scottMO
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Millennium Member

I have two factory SBR CMMG AR15 lowers, one in 9mm and one in 5.56. They are great to work with.

Get started on the c&r as it takes abt 10 weeks to get it back and you will need that to get started.

Not sure where you are in MO, but if you ever need a firearms engraver, there's a great one in Lees Summit that several of us use.

scottMO

#6 scottMO, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010