Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

SBR and suppressor questions...

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by jbotstein1, May 3, 2012.

  1. I purchased 2 stripped lowers with the intent of building a SBR in .300 blackout with one of them. I would like to buy a suppressor for it as well at some point. I own a Gemtech G5 for my AR already, and I have a revocable living trust that I used for it's approval. I have moved from the address where the trust was originally set up, and in a year I will be moving to a different state, SC from GA.

    If I start the process of getting a stamp for my lower to build the SBR, what roadblocks might I run into? What does one need to do when moving states if the stamps are on a revocable living trust?

    I also have an AR in .308, and was thinking maybe I should get the suppressor first since I'll be able to shoot it on my AR before I'll have the chance to complete my SBR build. A

    Any advice? Thanks.
  2. Zak Smith

    Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

    Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA

    I recommend getting your move done with first - or at least do not change addresses while the Form 1 is in process. It will simplify things.

    I'd recommend to consult the lawyer who did your trust with regard to any of its paperwork changes. Normally a 5320.20 is how you notify the ATF of an address change.

    hope this helps
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

  3. It certainly does. Thanks a lot. I've got a year before I move and hate to wait that long, but I'd rather get it done right.