close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SBR and suppressor questions...

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by jbotstein1, May 3, 2012.

1. I purchased 2 stripped lowers with the intent of building a SBR in .300 blackout with one of them. I would like to buy a suppressor for it as well at some point. I own a Gemtech G5 for my AR already, and I have a revocable living trust that I used for it's approval. I have moved from the address where the trust was originally set up, and in a year I will be moving to a different state, SC from GA.

If I start the process of getting a stamp for my lower to build the SBR, what roadblocks might I run into? What does one need to do when moving states if the stamps are on a revocable living trust?

I also have an AR in .308, and was thinking maybe I should get the suppressor first since I'll be able to shoot it on my AR before I'll have the chance to complete my SBR build. A

Any advice? Thanks.

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    Hi,

I recommend getting your move done with first - or at least do not change addresses while the Form 1 is in process. It will simplify things.

I'd recommend to consult the lawyer who did your trust with regard to any of its paperwork changes. Normally a 5320.20 is how you notify the ATF of an address change.

hope this helps

Last edited: May 3, 2012

3. It certainly does. Thanks a lot. I've got a year before I move and hate to wait that long, but I'd rather get it done right.