close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SBR and Multi Caliber AR15 Lower Receiver Question

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by smokin762, Dec 16, 2010.

1. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I have an SBR question.

Currently I own four AR15’s in different calibers and barrel lengths (16“-20“).

If I were to purchase a Multi Caliber AR15 lower receiver and then properly register it as a SBR lower, would I be legally allowed to own different caliber SBR uppers at the same time?

I am guessing the answer would be no but since I did not see anybody ask about legally registering a Multi Caliber SBR lower, I thought I would ask.

Thank you for your help.

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    Your Form 4 has to represent the actual configuration(s) of the SBR. Multi is not a configuration. You can always amend a Form 4 if you change the configurations the SBR will be in.

However, note that you cannot possess extra SBR uppers (other than the one for the SBR lower) IF you have any non-SBR rifle AR-15 lowers in your possession.

3. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Thank you for the reply,

I was kind of guessing that if I wanted multipal caliber SBR uppers, I would need to have a registered SBR lower for each SBR uppers.

I was just hoping I was wrong.:crying:

4. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    One more quick question.

If I have a SBR lower and upper, can I legally own as many legal length uppers (16" and above) for the SBR that I want in the same caliber or would that go against the description of the SBR on the original form.

5. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
  6. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    Thank you for your help.

I am thinking I might just do a SBR on my RRA 9mm since I really no longer use it since I bought my dedicated .22lr upper for my other AR rifle.

Maybe a Noise Suppressor after the SBR but, first I will have to find out if I can get one that I can use with the AR15/9mm and a Glock 19. I want the most silence for my buck.:supergrin: