close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Saw something very disturbing...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by DoubleDog, Dec 5, 2008.

1. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

Nov 11, 2002
    CNY
    Hunted for a few hours yesterday...I saw blue and green starlings, I saw blue jays, I saw gray squirrels and red squirrels...I actually had a wood pecker, pecking at the tree 15 feet over my head...noc, noc, noc....

What I didn't see was any deer...

Until I came out of the woods...At the edge of the swamp I found 5 deer no bigger than my dog...Shot, gutted and stripped of everything but the head...Just dumped...

Even though I never put my finger on the trigger, it was great to be in the woods...Until I came out...

Fookin' poaching son of a *****3s!:steamed:

I hope they choke...

DD~

2. That sux dude. I hate poachers. I love seeing the sights while hunting tho. I had a big fox squirrel about a foot from my head climbing down the tree when I went last week. Nice watching wildlife while they don't know your there. But I hate those idiots that ruin it for the rest of us.

3. Might be poachers, or might not. Could be just a favorite dump ground for deer remains.

Either way if it bother you, contact the local resources agency for your state and report it. They might conduct an investigation or place a game-cam or start monitoring that area.

btw, where I hunt at, we have a common area amongst the locals called the "bones and skulls" that we drop deer and hog remains at. To the unaware, you might think it's an poacher hang out. ;)

4. Porkchop

Porkchop Avtomat 1947

May 13, 2008
    Western N.C. Mountains
    same thing happens at the end of my road.every year someone dumps remains of deer in the ditch,the opossums have a field day

5. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

Nov 11, 2002
    CNY

I thought the same thing...At first...Not one of the carcasses was much larger than a dog, and not one was tagged -- no evidence of a tag (I generally slit the ear and tag it there)...The a-holes that shot those deer were shooting anything that moved...

DD~