close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saw a real-life pit bull bite today

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by itisbruno, Aug 20, 2012.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

One of our helpers was working a very well trained pit today and moved from a sleeve to a targeting wedge

[​IMG]

He let his concentration lapse and didn't keep his arms behind the wedge. The dog went for the wedge but got a mouth full of arm instead.

Both the helper and animal were surprised, and the dog realized that the bite didn't "feel" right and released his grip immediately without an out command from its handler. While pressure was applied, the animal exhibited amazing and fast bite inhibition once it realized it had flesh, not jute, in its mouth.

Helper had a couple of small, shallow puncture wounds in his arm, but nothing major.

It is amazing the amount of discipline a well-trained animal is capable of exhibiting.

Both helper and dog continued with the training session, and no major injuries.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. NTD

NTD

Apparently a sport only prospect then if it's spitting out real arms right?

3. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

That animal was obviously a goat, and not a pitbull.

4. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

IRL in a protection situation it would react differently.

:rofl:

Busted me

:whistling:

:supergrin:

5. method

method

An old friend of mine has a 3 year old Pit named Tillman. Tillman's just the biggest baby, but his jaw muscles are like freakin' softballs.

Back 5 years ago or so, I was working my job driving a cab one night. My boss called me over to his house for whatever. I'm walking up to his door, and his German Shepherd, Hesh, is facing away from me devouring a rotisserie chicken. My boss was an idiiot.

Hesh was a big dog, every other driver except my room mate were deathly afraid of him, but he was my and the room mate's buddy. Anyhow, wanting to get him off that chicken, I smacked him on the ass, and got a glance and a growl before he went back to his chicken. Knowing full well what I'd get, I reached down and grabbed Hesh by the scruff of his neck with both hands and pulled him back. He wheeled around fast, and not wanting to get my balls ripped off, I offered up my elbow. He gave me one good bite right on top of my elbow; I've never felt so much pressure. I very angrily explained to my idiot boss a few seconds later that you don't give your dog a rotisserie chicken to eat.

I had a deep, deep bruise and a hard welt for a couple weeks.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  6. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

What is this mythical creature you speak of?

7. meathead19

meathead19

So you're the food police for dogs?

Sounds like you got exactly what you deserved for grabbing another persons dog while they're eating what the owner gave them in their house.

8. Dennisr1977

Dennisr1977

I'll agree it's stupid to complain about what he was feeding his own dog, but food aggression is dangerous and should be corrected.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

Wait... Your boss is the idiot?

-Pirate

10. ray9898

ray9898

Hmmmm.

11. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

So... An actual APBT...

Or one of the other myriad "pit bull" dog breeds that aren't APBTs?

-J-

12. okie

okie GT Mayor

I'm so glad the guy wasn't hurt bad:phew:

13. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Lets see its not your dog, he warns you, you try to drag him away from his food, he is NOT your dog.....
    Surprised you didn't call animal control and demand it be killed. Thats what normal progression of folks who try to take food away from others dogs.
    My dog will drop anything on my (or more importantly) my wife's command. Anyone else tries to take away what I gave him. I will bandage his hand. (and laugh at him)
    While he should have taken 30 seconds and cut meat off. Its not YOUR dog. Growing up our dogs ate chicken bones, duck bones, cattle bones, deer, squirrel. Basicly anything we ate. Never had issue. The animal grew up eating that stuff. Seems majority of time its pampered animal that never had "real" food before has issues. (which are nasty/deadly)

14. MadeInAmerica

MadeInAmerica

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    You big dummy.

15. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Clearly, he must be put down.

The trainer, that is. :rofl:

16. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

many think they will react differently , but that is not always the case .

I have seen many great sleeve dogs over the year suck ***** on real bites during apprehension work...doing the typwriter or just barking and looking back at the handler..

You never know until they have to bite the bad guy and fight with him..

Some dogs do it well some don't..

17. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Earlier this year i worked for Aarons sales and lease. We had a TV delivery in the ghetto 50" lcd. Well in the process my co worker was backing into the kitchen of the customer and screamed out loud 375lb 6'5 dude btw.

Owners 90lb pit had sunken its teeth into his behind. My LORD was that a nasty looking wound.

18. eccho

eccho

I used to volunteer at a Vet. clinic. Chicken bones aren't like beef bones, they splinter very easily. I've seen cats and dogs require surgery because splintered bones get caught up in and or tear up their insides. If not handled promptly an animal can die. If you want to give a dog a PIECE of chicken, that you are sure has no bones in it by all means go ahead. :whistling:

He did that guy a favor, but i understand why it would sound dumb to you. I'm not trying to come off like a jerk.

Also, I have to say the way "dog bites" are handled in our society is completely ****ed. My girlfriend's family had a dog get put down, because he bit a kid in the face after he backed him into a corner wacking him with a stick.

Meanwhile my girlfriend's uncle has a large dog that has bit a few people for walking into a room, but nobody has reported anything yet. Their are 3-4 kids around daily, and I'm just waiting to testify when someone gets bit that they should have known better.

19. Sharkey

Sharkey

I wanna know who is using a Pitt for a protection or K9 dog? There are a lot better choices.

20. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

Exactly.

Especially if it's really an APBT.

-J-