Savage Mark II FV-SR

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by BassOverflow, Feb 13, 2012.

1. So I was finally able to get a hold of a FV-SR. My LGS (owned by my buddy's father) had one on order for me for a month. He just couldn't get them in. Then I just happened to go into another shop across town and they had one sitting in stock!!! :wow:

My buddy gave me my money back and apologized about the delay and I ran back to pick this one up. I got it for $225 out the door ($20 more than what my buddy was going to sell it to me for, but still a good deal). I also picked up a brick of the new CCI Quiet 22 ammo as well for the Gemtech
    suppressor that I'm getting.

Here is a crappy pic:
    [​IMG]

I will get better pics later.

I added a Simmons 3-9x32 22Mag scope and went to town.
    300 flawless rounds yesterday of Remington Subsonic, CCI Quiet, and Remington bulk pack. Very accurate. I already had a Savage .17HMR with the Accutrigger and knew I wanted it for my next rifle. I've VERY pleased with my purchase. It's a great plinking rifle and the bolt action is just fun.

Oh, for those who don't know, the FV-SR has the crappy synthetic stock (I plan on changing this out to a Boyds' Tacticool stock but it's not bad for plinking at all), large tactical bolt knob (great for gloves, etc.), raised scope rail, the barrel is a heavy varmint,, fluted, threaded (comes with thread protector) and floating barrel. And of course the Accutrigger. I added the bipod also, but removed for the plinking to keep the front end lighter.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 BassOverflow, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Savage mark ii trr-sr 22lr bolt action (25752) Sponsor Showcase Oct 30, 2014
    22 bolt action rifles COLT Colteer and Savage Mark I Youth Firearms Listings Oct 28, 2014
    Savage Mark II BRJ 22lr Bolt Action Rifle (22735) Sponsor Showcase May 27, 2014
    My new Savage Mark II FV-SR ! Rimfire Forum Nov 24, 2013
    NO after market Stock Modifications for a Savage 350 12 ga!!! Tactical Shotguns Mar 8, 2013

3. So you think you like it now? True love comes the first time you shoot it suppressed.:wow:

I love mine,shoot it with my SWR Spectre , and the first time I shot it with the suppressor I almost giggled like a school girl. The stock does suck so I just added a $30 cheek riser and have no issues.

Not sporting the suppressor in the pic I just dont have a pic of it with the can and the cheek riser . Congrats to you sir.

[​IMG]

#2 irishbum, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  4. Thanks! Love that way that cheek riser looks. Which one did you go with? Also, looks like you are using a spacer for your suppressor. What size spacer are you using?

5. Cheek riser I got here had it 2 days after ordering great customer service also
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Universal_Kydex_Rifle_Cheek_Rest_p/dip13095.htm

Spacer was cause the thread were .475 (? I believe) and my Spectre would not tighten down all the way.
    http://www.thesilencerstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

Also ordering from this sight was quick and easy

Will say if you do go with the cheek riser use a drill press when drilling holes in the stock so they line up correctly. I guess if it gets messed up you can always get the Boyd's .
    Honestly if I could do it over I would buy the Boyd's, I just cheaped out cause I didn't want to buy the stock and the trigger plate and all that, but am still content with the overall set-up

6. Very cool. Thanks so much for the info. I've dealt with Joe Bob before and I agree that he has excellent customer service. Bought my last Mueller APV scope from him that's on my Savage BVSS .17 HMR. I'm loving this FV-SR though. My go-to plinker now!

7. Looks great. I may have to take a look at one of these.

8. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

#7 GSSF17, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  9. I'm looking at the Savage for an ultra quiet suppressor host. I'm planning on the Boyd's stock and new bottom metal. It would be great with my Sparrow.

Congrats!

10. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

I'm seriously considering one of those. I have two custom 308s that cheap cost way too much to feed

11. You can't go wrong with it, that's for sure. I used to have a 10/22, but I didn't really shoot it that much. I can't put this thing down! I love it!

12. Very nice indeed :)

13. Very nice, i like it!

1911club#410

14. chance3290

chance3290 Fear Dli

I just wish they would make it left handed. Savage has always been good at taking care of lefties....let's hople they get around to making a leftie-SR

15. Is this the end result youre looking for?

FV-SR with Boyds Tacticool stock, Mueller APT, and SS 22Sparrow
    [​IMG]

16. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

I absolutely love my Savage Mark II GXP. Right now I don't want or need a more expensive version like the beautiful SR versions... I can't use suppressor's in NJ so I don't need a Suppressor Ready version lol. But my GXP shoots lights out, I can only imagine the real nice versions how great they are.

17. Nice! That's the stock I will be getting eventually. I've got an Mueller APV on my Savage 17 too. Just sent off for my Gemtech can. Can't wait to get that in.

18. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

@ Flipz- what ammo are you shooting (I assume subsonic), and what kind of accuracy are you getting with the can on? How much did it change the POI?

I am going to suppress mine and am looking to learn what works well for you guys that have already.

19. I was finally able to snag one of these online. Hasn't made it to my LGS yet, but I'm looking for the stock and trigger upgrades. Still have many months to wait for my form 4 to return.

20. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

What can are you planning to put on it? Congrats on the purchase!

21. Have a SilencerCo SS Sparrow that is begging the BATFE to hurry and free it from the shop's safe!!!