close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Savage 17HMR

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by GMT, Jan 5, 2010.

1. GMT

GMT GMT224

Jan 16, 2002
    Eastern nc
    Just bought a new Savage 17HMR with 4x9 Bushnell scope. Can't wait to give it a work out at the range whenever the weather ever breaks.:cool:

2. I too have one that I have not been able to take to the range yet.

3. I have one as well, and have been very pleased with it's performance.

4. GMT

GMT GMT224

Jan 16, 2002
    Eastern nc
    Good to hear all the positives. I'm hoping is as accurate as my Savage 22lr. If so it'll be a real tack driver.

5. Mine is the synthetic stocked, heavy barrel, model with their Accu-trigger, and it has proven to be much more accurate than the 597M I once owned.

Savage 93R17 FV (.17 HMR) with a Nikon 2x-7x 32mm scope
    [​IMG]

6. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

Apr 23, 2007
    Ohio
    I have the savage "mako" model with the laminated thumbhole stock. It shoots better than any rimfire I ever owned.

That accutrigger is adjustable and I turned mine all the way to the lightest setting,its great.

I was hitting chipmonks on a woodpile 100 yards away with ease. Groundhogs dont stand a chance.

7. muscles

muscles CLM

Sep 7, 2004
    i picked up this one a couple weeks ago...sighted it in and its super accurate. cant wait to go varmint hunting!
    [​IMG]

8. I have a 93R17FV, one of the first .17 HMR's Savage made without the accutrigger. I put a 6-24x Tasco scope on it.

Great rifle, very accurate.