Savage 11/111 Lady Hunter

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by cmb19, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Does anybody have any experience with this rifle? Has anybody even seen the thing?

Everything I've read about it says it's a good rifle, but where I live, I'll have to special order it, IF I decide to cough up the money. I'm cheap and $800 is a lot to me.

I need a new deer rifle, I like how this one looks and it sounds like it's got the things I'd like. I never thought about it before I came across this rifle, but the high comb probably WOULD help me out a lot...are there other rifles with a higher comb?
    I know Savage is a decent company and everyone I know with a Savage loves whichever model they have.

I'm looking to get a 7mm-08 with a wood stock...bolt action...trying to have the least amount of recoil possible because I'm admittedly a wimp. Suggestions? :supergrin:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Savage 11/111 Hog Hunter General Firearms Forum Feb 14, 2012
    Ruger American Predator vs. Savage Hog Hunter General Firearms Forum Wednesday at 7:00 PM
    Michael Savage tells hunters to not listen to his show... The Okie Corral Tuesday at 5:02 PM
    WTS: Savage 93R17 Five Round Magazine Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 23, 2015
    SOLD, Savage Model 93R17 in 17HMR (NC) REDUCED to $200 Firearms Listings Jun 24, 2015

3. ds7br

If you want a inexpensive Savage get a Stevens; the Stevens is a Savage witout the accu-trigger. The short action savage and stevens are the same thing. The stevens are retailing in my area for $300. No wood stock but those are easy enough to find and that would save you some big $$$. All my longrange competion rifles are based on Savage or Stevens actions.
    Best of luck,
    Dennis

4. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

I don't know why you want a wood stock but it is my opinion that a synthetic stock actually flexes under recoil.

So you get less felt recoil.

I hunted with a 338 magnum for 35 years and I went with a fiber-glass stock because it was pretty much weatherproof but the synthetic stock did seem to make a difference in recoil.

#3 bustedknee, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. If you are worried about felt recoil, go with a 30.06 and run 110 or 125 gr through it. It will recoil like a .270. And if you ever want to take it elk hunting, you can load it up with 220 gr. A very versatile caliber, especially if money is tight.

All readily available over the counter.

BTW: I am Savage fan. My go-to gun is a Win Model 70, but bought my sons Savages when they were young. The gun is a shooter. It points well, and is extremely accurate straight from the box.

#4 Jonesee, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  6. Synthetic stock really has less recoil? I guess I mean felt recoil, I've actually never heard that term before. Everyone has always told me synthetic is lighter and more recoil or whatever it is they tell me.

I do like the way wood looks a lot more than plain black.

My dad has a reloading room, I can have anything made that I need. I have lots of .270 and 30-06 rifle to choose from in my family, I just like smaller. If I were to elk hunt, I would suck it up and use something larger.