close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Saskatchewan police want appeal of spitting case.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ronduke

ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
  2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I think the judge is being a richard. You only need to catch a bad thing once to make it personal.

AIDS is passed with body fluids to mouth, wounds and eyes.

I'm sure there are many other nasty bugs I wouldn't want. Cops are right.

3. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
  4. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.
    So says the guy behind the bench with people protecting him...

Sent from my PKE meter.

5. x_out86

x_out86

Feb 19, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Humm judge....Even if YOU cant find any "scientific proof", you tell me if common sense would say that spitting on somebody (especially an LEO) would be considered DISGUSTING and criminal! Here is a hint... thats probably why you dont see people walking around spitting on each other everyday.

I have made numerous arrests for people spitting on/at somebody else and they held up. Just like battery to an LEO, spitting on them should carry more serious penalties.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
  7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    To spit on a person's shoe is a nasty statement. Anything else is assult. If folks find they can get away with doing this... THEY WILL. It will get worse and worse. I agree folks that fight, spit, attempt to flee (in car/on foot) SHOULD be punished for that spacific charge (in addition to orig charge) That only way to make things safer (for Officers and general public)

8. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    I wonder how upset the judge would be if someone were to spit in his eye? I'll bet she doesn't worry about her perception of disease transmission, and pushes for the maximum sentence possible.

This judge is just another person who sees themselves as a member of the privileged class looking at the police as furniture, beneath regard as people charged with dealing with the most disgusting, vile, contemptible people on the planet, so she doesn't have to. When forced to consider them at all, their feelings don't matter, the risks they take are ones that they somehow take voluntarily.

I had a DA tell me once that he wouldn't prosecute someone for assaulting a public safety officer, as we'd all signed up for the job voluntarily, and that if we were afraid of being hurt, we could always find other work. He said he wouldn't say "never" as there might be some horrible attack that might move him to present the issue to a grand jury. He's no longer working for our DA's office.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  9. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    Perhaps the Officer should simply ask to approach the bench? :whistling:

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

HA.ha.ha this!!!

11. Big House

Big House Biggest member

Sep 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Spitters had a special place when being booked in.

12. jethro21

jethro21

Nov 28, 2003
    arizona
    I charged a guy for flicking a bloody booger at me, no joke. He was in custody after a fight (not with me) and was being beligerant to a nurse at the hospital. I collected it and logged it as evidence. He got 6 months for assault. Not spitting but goes with the vibe of this thread- he had hep c.

Could it have infected me? I am not quite sure of any medical statistics, but I am certain there is a chance it could have. Just like saliva coming into contact with mucus membranes (eyes, mouth). TB, meningitis, flu, hepatitis, hiv- these are just a few diseases that are spread by droplets.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  13. If their lips are swollen up enough, it's a lot harder to spit...:supergrin:

Just sayin'

14. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
  15. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    I would really hate for someone with cold sores spit in my eye. Herpes will infect anywhere there is a break in the skin or mucous membranes. Eye herpes is horrible. Google it if you want nightmares.