SAR semi-auto 12 ga.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Spartacus100, Jan 14, 2013.

1. I picked up a SAR (Sarsilmaz) semi-auto shotgun a month or two ago with the intent to use it for 3 gun competition but have decided not to pursue that sport at thist time.

i've only shot it once and it was with cheap Winchester bird loads (the ones with the small brass) and it wouldnt cycle them at all. I took it to my local gunsmith and he told me it was the ammo and he was able to get it to cycle RIO birdshot (large brass) perfectly so i know its not the gun but the ammo that was causing it not to cycle. It looks good with the pistol grip, pic rail, breacher choke etc but i have never really warmed up to it and am undecided on whether or not to keep it or sell it.

My question is there anyone here who owns this shotgun or knows much about them? I hate to bring up any ban but if there were one on imports, would a shotgun like this be affected? Its make in Turkey. And if it were, would a ban increase the value? I am toying with trying to sell it or trade it for another Glock pistol vs. keeping it but thought i would seek input.
  2. Loading...