close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sanity check: VA State Park CCW

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by crazyasian1, Mar 30, 2012.

1. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Mar 17, 2010
    JBA
    Methinks I have it right but wanted to get a warm fuzzy from the brain trust... Going to a Virginia state park to camp with the kiddies for spring break. If I'm reading the law right, OC is NOT allowed but CCW with a valid VA CHP is allowed correct?

2. www.handgunlaw.us
    Check the VA AG page as well.

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    4VAC5-30-200. Firearms.
    No person except employees, police officers, or officers of the department shall carry or possess firearms of any description, or airguns, within the park. This regulation shall not apply in areas designated for hunting by the Department of Conservation and Recreation. This regulation also shall not apply to the carrying of concealed handguns within state parks by holders of a valid concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to § 18.2-308 of the Code of Virginia.
    Statutory Authority
    § 10.1-104 of the Code of Virginia.
    Historical Notes
    Derived from VR215-01-02 § 20, eff. May 4, 1983; amended, Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 9, eff. February 12, 2003.

4. crazyasian1

crazyasian1

Mar 17, 2010
    JBA
    Got it! Thanks for the info everyone, just wanted to make sure I was GTG.