sanding down safety on trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RM686, Oct 3, 2012.

1. I guess my advice to you would then be, don't "molest" your weapon then. My Glock pistol belongs to me, if I see fit to make minor modifications to suit me, why the heck would that bother you? You're not going to be shooting it.

BTW, if I drop in an after-market trigger that has this same "mod", am I "molesting" my weapon?

Personally, I think your comment is short-sighted. I don't see how shaving a trigger safety down (as it should be from the factory) to increase personal comfort equals "molesting it big time". Frankly that's just dumb.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #61 TruthNotRelative, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. I agree, He needs to check on his TPS reports or something.
    Why Glock has the safety stick up through the trigger even when pressed is a fail in my book. I cannot not shoot with it sticking me in the finger. Shooting 40 cal after 100 rds starts to become very very bother some.
    So all my Glocks get smooth face trigger with the safety sanded flush with the trigger as should of been from factory!
    Now has anyone seen my Red stapler?

#62 Scrappy, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  3. I fail to understand the attitude that some seem to have that "if you have to mod anything about anything you purchase, you shouldn't purchase it to begin with". Might as well tell me that if I don't like the rims on the truck I bought (after purchasing new ones), then I shouldn't have bought the truck. Keep your guns stock if you want (they're yours), but I don't see the need to talk sheet to people who don't always keep things stock.

4. I agree once again, lol.
    Stock to me is a Greek word for starting point! I don't leave anything I get stock!! Guns, cars, motorcycles, bicycles, etc etc.....

5. thanks for the pics

6. I too smoothed mine some but did not remove much material.

7. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Thanks so much! I have had a gen 2 Glock 20 for twenty years, and I never noticed the sharp ridge on my trigger. Now I do, so thanks again for now making me not like my trigger after all these years of not noticing.

8. I'll, scrape, sand, dremel, what ever it takes to reduce the offending trigger safety, first thing in the morning. I would do it now, but I'm too sleepy to get started on it. Thanks to the pro-mod posters, especially TruthNotRelevant.

I want to speak my mind concerning the nay sayers, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Some folks are so comfortable in their fear, that they want to enslave us free folk, in that same fear.

9. I too much prefer a smooth trigger, even to the point of sanding down the safety.

If you're doing it do a grooved trigger to remove the grooves, just don't go too far. If you remove too much material from the trigger just at the top of where the safety disappears into the face of the trigger the safety will be able to move too far forward.

Cat

10. Thanks. But uhhh, I'm TruthN0tRELATIVE... I actually believe that truth is very "RELEVANT" (as opposed to relaTIVE). :winkie:

#70 TruthNotRelative, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  11. Thanks, yes, you are correct.. Hence the pic that I posted. That's exactly what happened when I performed this on an old serrated trigger.

#71 TruthNotRelative, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  12. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

I agree.

13. Well then.. I'll tell you the same thing that I told Bill, don't do this to your trigger then. Problem solved.

I might also ask you a question that I asked Bill..

If I purchase and drop in an aftermarket trigger that has this same "mod" (flush safety), am I still "molesting" my Glock?

#73 TruthNotRelative, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  14. Btw Bill and Ryobi, "sanding" (recontouring) it DOES help, a lot.. contrary to your assertion. Thanks for the input though.

#74 TruthNotRelative, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  15. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Nope. Not for me. But if you feel it helps you, thanks for sharing! Sharing is important.