close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Same .dll, different copies - Problems?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by pascal, Jul 24, 2010.

1. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Hello,
    I seem to have two programs, both of which use the same .dll. Each program has a copy in it's sub-directories. I've found that the copies of the same .dll, differ in size and date. Can this cause problems, especially in Windows 7 64 bit?
    Should I not worry, should I update the older one with the newer one. Should I swear off 64 bit and go back to XP? :embarassed:
    Thank you'all for any assistance.
    pascal

2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    You did not mention any issues... so...

If it isn't broken, don't fix it! :supergrin:

Enjoy the smooth running system!

Just make sure you back it up... Often. I have Mozy running 4 times a day now, and feeling pretty good about it!

Enjoy!

3. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Hello Pierre,
    Thus far the only errors are sidebyside errors in the Event Viewer. Thanks for time and reply.
    pascal

4. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    The files being different size/date are probably just different versions. I wouldn't worry about it.

They working for the individual programs is all that matters.

5. pascal

pascal

Jan 30, 2006
    Hello cgwahl,
    Thank you for joining in. You don't know, at my level of experience, how positive it is to hear from members, advising on a issue. You make me less apprehensive and I like that. I have had a remarkably difficult time getting 64 Bit Windows 7 running properly. The fault is my ignorance and the inability of programs to remove the remnants of incompatible software. So I am dazed and confused. Take care.
    pascal