close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Salt Lake Tribune endorses Obama, lambastes Romney

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Flintlocker, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    http://bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na...stes-romney/zECSAG540qtopaTNY83Z3N/story.html

The Salt Lake Tribune endorsed President Obama for reelection Friday, with an editorial that was highly critical of Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who is as close to being a favorite son candidate from Utah, the historic and cultural center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as a nonresident can be.
    The Tribune, published by MediaNews Group, criticized Romney’s “servile courtship of the Tea Party” to win his party’s nomination and called him “shameless” in pandering to various constituencies, terming him the GOP’s “shape-shifting nominee.”
    “Romney has raised the most frequently asked question of the campaign: ‘Who is this guy, really, and what in the world does he truly believe?’ ” the editorial states. It also said he “has repeatedly refused to share specifics” of many of his proposals.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

3. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    I didn't comment in that thread.

And that's the best you can muster when biggest paper in Utah kicks Romney in the nuts? Pretty weak.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  4. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    The Trib is an Anti-Mormon rag. Always has been, always will be. They traditionally bash everything even remotely related to the LDS Church or any prominent member. It is one of the most biased, one sided papers in the nation when it comes to politics and religion.

5. Somebody from Salt Lake would certainly know better than the OP, who is grasping at straws in desperation.

6. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    and once again, the facts go right past Featherlicker, as does the fact that the same paper endorsed Obama last time, and the state voted McCain

Another Diddledy-squat thread by the frantic liberals

The desperation from the liberals is getting quite amusing.

7. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Utah
    The Salt Lake Tribune has always been a liberal leaning paper. No surprises there.
    It has two redeeming values over it's counterpart, The Deseret News. It's not owned by the LDS church and it has better cross-word puzzles.

I will put up with a lot for a good cross-word puzzle

8. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah

9. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

10. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    it's the best you can muster? gallup showing a 7 point spread, and you recycle this?

slither back to d.u. you stink of fail, and it's making us ill.

11. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
  12. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    I don't see why they would endorse Obama over Romney: Obama is against polygamy. :whistling:

13. marchboom

marchboom

Aug 18, 2006
    Idaho
    Well, if a newspaper printed it, it must be true. We all know how honest and truthful newspapers are. :rofl:

flintlicker, pedal your crap elsewhere. Maybe the huffington post or move on.org.

14. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
  15. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Utah
    I subscribe to it and in general I'd agree with your assessment though I don't think they're particularly anti-Mormon. But I don't read editorials much so I may be missing something there.

16. Acujeff

Acujeff

Jan 1, 2000
    Boston, MA
  17. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

If Featherkicker's little news deserves it;s own thread this probably does. Of course, featherlicker was subtly trying to use what he hoped would be an accepted stereotype of Utah (Mormons don'tcha know) in typical liberal bigot fashion.

18. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I guess Flintlicker forgets that regardless of location, the media are firmly in the enemy camp. THis is not news.