close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sadly, 3 states...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by boone10, Sep 23, 2012.

1. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

are once again gonna decide the fate of the greatest nation in the history of the world. The people of Florida, Ohio and Virginia can't stop the coming collapse, but can possibly slow it down with a Romney vote. Strangely, our final chapter may be written by a few counties/precincts.

2. rj1939

rj1939

Better than having your fate decided by Illinois (read Chicago).

3. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

Since Romney has zero plans for cutting spending and paying down the debt, the votes of the previously-mentioned states won't actually slow anything down.

4. PAGunner

PAGunner

I'd have prefered Ron Paul myself, but that didn't happen. I trust Romney about a million times more than a full blown ChiCom (Chicago Communist).

5. JW1178

JW1178

It's hard to say, but I feel Romney will win, but I can't wait to hear the excuses from the Obama camp, because if he wins, it will by by maybe less than a percent, so they will say Obama should be granted the win just because of that. The "disenfranchised" will come out of the wood works and don't be superised if there aren't riots or at least some kind of "movement" to try to keep Obama in.

I don't know if I would even put money on it, but I'll say that Romeny will win just based upon how things are. I knew Clinton was going to win in 92, knew Clinton had Dole, and I knew Bush would beat Gore, knew Bush had Kerry. Knew that McCain would be beat by Obama. Have the same feeling for Romney, but not 100%. One basis is who they talk about the most, and they talk about Romney a whole lot, and it seems that Obama is on the defense. I don't think Romney will turn this country around, but maybe at least put a little pitch to the straight line nose dive Obama has us in right now.

6. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

If you dont want another 4 years of apology, devide. blame and "weakness" and more pro muslim sharia....Vote out the Dem`s (Liberals)

7. railfancwb

railfancwb

One thing to be thankful for...the cemetary voters won't riot even if there guy doesn't win.

8. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Please don't tell me you'd rather have it be popular vote instead of electoral vote.

9. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

I can't wait till its popular vote so instead of constantly going to some small states time after time they can travel everywhere and make there case to everybody. Get out and see issues affecting more than 3 or 5 states.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  10. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

So everything gets decided by the denizens of the inner cities ? ... I don't think so ....

11. gilfo

gilfo

I live in Florida and don't want Obama to win, but after the fools elected Rick Scott down here who knows what they will vote for in November.

12. porschedog

porschedog

I'll be voting for Mitt, but I suspect a ton of my neighbors will vote for the other guy

13. Jay9928

Jay9928 Buddy Revell

Cannot wait for the debates. 1st presidential debate is Oct 3. VP is the 11th

14. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

My area in Va is a conservative stronghold. However the next city over is full of useless idiots.

15. sourdough44

sourdough44

They had Walker down during his recall election, he ended up winning by a higher margin than his original win. Don't play their game, vote as you usually would. This is all part of their strategy.

16. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

I live in the Deep South and can't even imagine living where liberals make up more than a few percentage points of the population. Other than breathing oxygen--we would have very little in common.

I don't suffer fools lightly, but neither do I waste my breath on lazy jackwagons who are hell bent on sharing my hard-earned income.

17. Brucev

Brucev

Don't hold your breath. The electorial college was included to prevent populous states from controlling the presidential election. Good idea. Otherwise... Gore would have won against Bush.

The ec may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it allows smaller states to exert a significant influence in the presidential election. This is good. It fries the grits of those who want kalif. and ny to call all the shots nationally. To bad. So sad. Hand them the butter so they won't have so much trouble swallowing their grits.

18. Brucev

Brucev

With some limits, the cities decide everything. That's where the people are. That's where the votes are. Wide open spaces, sparsely populated countryside, small towns, etc., simply do not produce enough votes to override the cities. So... the denizens of the inner city are the deciders... if everyone else sits on their hands and do nothing. The winner will always be the candidate whose supporters show up and vote.

19. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Keep your mouth closed and keep them guessing, open it and be known as the fool you are...

20. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

The script was written on Obama's win loos of a second term after he was first elected.

If he wins America has put aside its racist past and embraced his progressive heart.

If he loses, Its due to 'merica and its knuckle dragging conservatives, their churches and their war and on women and minorities.

Regarding Ohio, its importance is merely a bellwether. It is an exact microcosm of the United States and its voting habits, i.e. red vs. blue areas, urban vs. suburban vs. rural etc, turnout proportions.