close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sadistic Pleasures You Get at Work

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Omologato, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Omologato

Omologato

Does anyone else sometimes enjoy the ability you have to express power over others or, "stick it," to individuals or entities?

In collecting taxes for my living, specifically withholding, I enjoy at times garnishing bank accounts, taking nasty calls and turning the general statement of, "you people," into responding, "you mean someone who pays there taxes? I have to and have no choice or I lose my job. "

I find the businesses or peoples who take their empploees' money and don't send it to the government for said employees' tax returns. Those monies are trust funds and as such, the employer should respect their employees. I enjoy garnishing the individuals who don't pay on their employees behalf. Now, with the recent 2A haters coming out of the closet, I have another group to enjoy nailing. Mind you, all of my taxpayers receive the same service, warnings, and assistance with insuring compliance in filing correctly, I feel ecstatic from forced compliance.

Share your experiences, or call me a bad person for helping individuals get their withholding for their personal income tax filings. You can also mention the Beatle's song, I won't be offended.

Please keep this on topic, I don't want political issues. If you have a problem with taxes, please read what I do and don't assume I screw people's lives.

Edit: Here is what my position handles.

I would like to provide clarification as I don't take an individual's taxes, I take what an employer stole from you. They steal from Peter to pay Paul.

How would you like paying your mortgage and the clerk instead of applying your payment to your account, he applies it to his? The investigators of that bank internally investigate and take it, from theclerks account. then reapply it to your mortgage and undo the penalties assessed to you for something that was an embezzler's fault. I help to rectify the situation, not screw someone's life.

I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

/edit

Rogue Nation

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

My sadistic pleasure is utterly destroying the fantasies of these young liberal minds. Reality is painful but once you accept that it's easier to live within the realm of reality.

3. devildog2067

devildog2067

Sounds like you're a great fit for the job of the taxman.

Taxes are a necessary evil, but the fact that you enjoy the job makes you... well I won't call you any names since you'll probably enjoy it.

If you work for the government, you don't actually pay any taxes.

4. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

As a paramedic: When I have a patient become violent (not due to a medical condition), I especially love watching the police haul them off... instead of spending a night in a hospital they get to spend it in lockup. If the patient has a medical condition which makes them not responsible for their actions I've viewed taking hits as part of the job, but I find it morally offensive when someone of sound mind thinks it's ok to take a swing at a medical professional trying to help them.

As a firefighter... well, our friends in blue (law enforcement) have pulled over or ticketed/towed any number of vehicles impeding emergency responses, blocking fire hydrants/lanes, etc. The general public seems to view it as "harmless" until it's one of their loved ones in an emergency situation.

5. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

So, I take it you are an IRS agent?

My opinion of people who work for the IRS could not be lower. Cogs in the wheels of my enslavement, gleefully digging into my business to confiscate ever-increasing portions of what is mine for their squandering masters, all the while claiming "I'm just doing my job." And, your post reinforces my opinion.

6. All Pro Sports Hero

All Pro Sports Hero

My sadistic workplace pleasure is messing around in the restroom. Like dumping a full bladder on the floor, or covering the auto toilet flush sensor with post-it notes so my product remains for all to enjoy. It's the little things that get us through a day.

7. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

We make our boss turn red in the face in meetings and raise his voice.

8. Omologato

Omologato

I'm in forced compliance. My crap wages, home loan interest, and children help my deductions the same as any other filer. Just because my paycheck comes from govt payroll doesn't mean I get any breaks. The statement makes as much sense as saying a gas attendant gets cheaper gas than everyone else.

I honestly hate my job, but I feel somewhat justified as I'm collecting individuals taxes that their employer took from them as ordinary procedure for their payroll and paycheck issuance, then didn't send it in. This makes a sticky situation when the employee files and doesn't get their credit for the money taken out.
    The business is taking from Peter and his cohorts to pay Paul.
    And no, I wouldn't take joy in negative connotations, thus this response.
    P.S. Thank you for replying. ;)

Rogue Nation

9. Omologato

Omologato

State agent. I don't agree with income tax, but would you rather have me not collect the money, which is rightfully yours, that your employer took from your paycheck, then not get credit when you file?

Rogue Nation

10. SCGlock26

SCGlock26

As an employer we should never have been put in the business of tax collector for any government agency.

If the .gov had to collect taxes from the people directly we would not be in the sad shape we are in today.

The people would have revolted long ago. :upeyes:

11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I take random people off the street and tip them upside down for investment money. This whole "debit card" thing is killing my business.

12. Omologato

Omologato

I agree wholly. Employers have to hire either a costly CPA, accountant, and full time payroll person to manage it because the government passes the buck while you, the business owner are stuck with the tab.

Rogue Nation

13. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

:agree:
    :agree:

If people had to cut the IRS a big check every year instead of looking the big refund check that they look forward to all year long, things would be different. A lot more people would think twice about voting for anybody who promises his supporters "free" stuff from the government.

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

15. devildog2067

devildog2067

So you work for the government.

Once again, taxes are a necessary evil, but there are words for people who enjoy causing hardship to others and they are not nice ones.

The idea that a government worker paid from tax revenues pays net taxes is like thinking you can make a pool deeper by scooping water out of the shallow end and pouring it in the deep end.

So do the world a favor and quit.

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I waited tables in college and took great delight when an obnoxious diner's card declined. It was fun to announce it loudly back at the table. HH

17. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Violating Civil Rights.

Just does it for me.

18. G23c

G23c

I really like my work.

19. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

:supergrin:

20. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

This.

I have a list I try and work through everyday, but with so many other opportunities that present themselves, I rarely have to to follow through. Gotta take those chances when ya can, right?