Sad news

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Friend of Woof, Dec 16, 2004.

1. glennda

glennda Dismembered
    Millennium Member

I'm sorry to hear this news. I will forever miss the photos of Woofs adventures.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. BillCola

BillCola Supreme Cmdr ®

;w

3. Prayers for his family.
    RIP fellow Golden Lover.
    Woof!

4. We are all diminished by his loss, as we were enrichened by his presence.....

Scott

5. NVGlock

NVGlock Present

I can't think of a better tribute to a nicer guy!
    Woof will be sorely missed!
    ;w ;w

6. RIP Woof.

Thoughts and prayers to friends and family.

7. RIP Woof.

I wish I could catch just a glimpse of the adventures you are enjoying now.

Jon

8. B. Somm

B. Somm Lady B/Team OAF
    Millennium Member CLM

9. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

EXCELLENT Patricia!!! I would like to think that Ed and his golden buddy Woof are both smiling down upon this site right now......

That is a fitting thing to do......Ed loved dogs (and CATS too I think!!! heh!! ;f ) and naming the Critter Corner after him is the RIGHT and JUST thing to do.....and the LEAST we can do for such a gentle soul.......

God Bless Ed and his buddy Woof.......
    Ed ---->;w ;w <----Woof

Will someone PLEASE let his wife know that we have named a forum here for him??? Maybe print a few posts about naming the forum for him and send them to his wife????

10. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

^c

11. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart
    Millennium Member CLM

Peachie, I will be printing out this thread, along with anything else appropriate, and sending it to his wife. Another reminder that if anyone would like to send his family a card, please send it to me and I will forward everything to her.

12. The dog pictures always made me smile. Very very sad to hear this.

13. During the GlocktoberFest in PA one of the no shoot targets that I set up was a mean dog - shoot and a good dog - no shoot. As everyone knew Woof, I wrote his name on the collar.

[​IMG]

I bet he was kind of person that his dog thought he was.

From the prayer, " "Lord, please make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am."

14. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe On the edge

When I read of Woof's passing, I remembered some of his past posts that made me smile. I can't remember ever actually speaking (typing?) directly with him, but as others have said, he always seemed like a class act.

Others have mentioned his first dog (the orignial Woof). Given Ed's posts in the past, I think the following is also appropriate

Dogs and Heaven

Author Unknown.........................................

An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate in the fence and looked in, it was nice - grassy, woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so they walked on.

They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there.

"Welcome to Heaven" he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him.

The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't come with you."

"What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If He can't come in, then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life, I can't desert him now. "

"Suit yourself, but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but, the dog can't go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road"

So the old man and dog went on. They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. Another old man was inside.

"Scuse me Sir, my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?"

"Of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable "

"You're sure my dog can come in? The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere."

"Would you come in if you had to leave the dog?"

" No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in. We'll be spending Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too, and that's final. "

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven."

"You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?"

"That was the Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but, then it's too late. The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would he separate them in death?"

THIS makes me think of Ed and Woof.

RIP.

15. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Took a few days off GT, and return to find this...

Thanks for the memories, Woof.. ;w

kestrou

16. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

Woof, you will be missed. The GT community won't be the same without you. May you find rest and peace in the next phase of life.

17. Razor

Millennium Member

RIP, Woof.

I miss ya.

18. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

19. allglock

allglock Guest

God bless you Ed (Woof). Prayers for all his family.
    Ed was a class act, and will be sorely missed.