close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SA RO and Loaded...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by rem2429, Nov 17, 2010.

1. rem2429

rem2429

Nov 26, 2004
    Llano, TX
    Spent the day fondling 1911's and found a SA Range Officer and a Loaded at a shop in Burleson TX. They were both $799.00, and both had NM SN's. I like the RO, and the trigger was noticabally better but the sights just seem cheap. I think I'll go for the TRP instead, but it seems like it would be a great gun to build on.
    Is it common to see loaded models made in the US? I thought they were all from Brazil.

2. skipsan

skipsan

Apr 24, 2010
    The trigger pull on the RO is listed as 5-7 lbs on the Springfield website which is kinda high for a pistol that is supposed to be for range use. Trigger pull on TRPs is listed as 4.5 to 5 lbs (that's a recent change from 4.0 to 5.0 lbs).

I looked one over today at the local retailer and while it was nice, I didn't think it was anything special--just another Loaded configuration. They already had a "Loaded Target" in SS, now they have one in parkerized finish.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Some Loaded models are built in the states.

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    Handled a RO today and it is well built, trigger felt like it was ~5#'s, but felt better than the Loaded's.