SA or Kimber

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by wolf19r, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Most SA parts made in Brazil. Assembled in USA

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. The Warrior doesnt even offer FSC on a $1100+ gun. My recommendations on a 1911 under the TRP price would be the STI Trojan, all day, every day. But TRP over the Trojan and definitely the Kimber. I have a TRP and love it, ill probably never get rid of it. I am working on picking up a Trojan right now in 9mm. I have a Spartan, but my GF wants it so im going to sell it to her and kick in the extra $ for the Trojan

3. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

That's what I chose in that price range.

[​IMG]

4. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

That is my advice. The Kimber may be "nicer" in cosmetic ways and ways that don't matter a lick. But the SA's are very good guns and you have SA to back you for a lifetime with no hassles.

Kimber Customer Service usually stinks to high HEAVEN.

5. Brazil is in America too you know :embarassed:

6. I just find that funny you'd sell it to her.

7. A have to agree with Joe.

8. :thumbsup:

9. I believe the TRP is built in the States.

10. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

If it were me, I'd save a few hundred and get a Baer TRS, CC. TRP's a nice, just not a $1300-1400 pistol IMO.

Between the SA and a Kimber, SA > Kimber.

If it is below the 1K mark, I don't think either is spectacular as far as parts quality or fit, but the SA is a 70 series and actually has good CS.

After the ordeal a friend went through with his Kimber and their CS, I will never recommend them.

#30 GJ1981, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  11. TRP is ASSEMBLED in the USA. Same Brazilian frame and slide as the others.

12. Not Kimber, (unless it's a basic custom or TLE)

13. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Good info and the Dan Wesson is a nice looking gun. Guess I should read up on more reviews and such about where the parts are from.

14. Quack

Quack Rent this space

US parts and no MIM.

15. kimber cs certainly did for me. i should have kept the pro carry series 1. great gun. one of the more dumber things i've done. last pistol i sold as a matter of fact. from now on, i'm out of the selling business.

16. Trust me LOL Im basically giving it to her, between the designers purses and shoes she gets LOL:rofl:

17. Ouch! I see now :)