close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SA Mil-Spec project

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by knedrgr, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Here is my winter project.

This is what it looked like when it was fairly new.

[​IMG]

And here is the work in progress. Have to finish up the lower part of the GS. Took it to the range today and I didn't get any hammer bite. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    It looks good!! Your gonna need some wood grips and short curved trigger though if your going for that retro look.

3. That's pretty cool to bob the hammer and the grip safety.
    I've done the hammers before but never bobbed the grip safety.
    Looks good. It was easier being stainless hey?
    Somebody put Quack's trigger on it when you weren't looking. :)

4. thanks.

I have some SA wood grips that came with the pistol. However, I was never that much into brown wood grips on my 1911's. Also, I'm not much of a keep-it-stock type of guy, so there goes the retro look.

Flat Trigger FTW!!! :tongueout:

5. Thanks. Was kicking around the idea for a while. And had done the hammer a about 6 months ago. I was going to shorten up the GS, and once I had shorten it, it wasn't digging it. So off it went. And if I didn't like that, I would end up installing a BTGS.

The SS helps because I don't need to get it refinish. :supergrin:

Gonna polish up the matte sides and the rest of the flats to give it more of a beat blasted finish.

6. Nickpisp

Nickpisp

Oct 12, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Nice, I have one just like it I'm planning on doing some work to. :supergrin:

7. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit
  8. thanks. I think I'm going to try and flush the rear of the slide to the frame.

9. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Looking good so far Kned.. love that clean look.. I am tempted to try something like it.. but I think my hands are too big to make that viable..

10. patient grasshopper...

11. some progress from last night. Just need some final blending and it should be good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. File down the frame to be flush against the MSH. And also added a slightly round butt. Have to do some more blending and then slight bevel at the edges. Going to move into the magwell and open it up a little bit.

[​IMG]

13. well, project Mil-Spec has to be on hold. Going back to Springfield for them to look over the peening on the slide stop notch.

[​IMG]

14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Well crap,..........that sux!

15. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Stupid 100 year old design. Shoulda stuck with this...

[​IMG]

16. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Makes me want a SS mil spec now....but wait... the wife's Delta is SS.. hmmmm.....:headscratch:

17. :rofl: Owned by modern day technology.

18. get some balls and get your own. :tongueout:

19. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    It is his, you know...the one with the pink grips...errrr oh that's right, it's his wife's. :whistling:

20. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Well if I totally eff it up.. its not like its a huge loss.. its only a colt..