SA Champion Operator?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by verdugo60, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Congrats, I don't like 1911s with rails but if I was to get one, it be the Operator

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

2. This happened to me when they first came out. Everything was bad timing. Then they quit making them for a few years, and now they're back. I'd wait and hold off a little longer. The juice is worth the squeeze!! I'll keep a lookout for you. The min you spend your money on something else, you'll see a boat load of those pop up.

3. Thanks brother, I will keep squeezin'. What I don't get is if these are so popular, why they don't make more of them? Seems like they have been hard to track down for a long, long time.

4. Sometimes these gun manufactures like to play with our emotions.

5. :rofl:I swear that's how I feel sometimes! :dunno:

6. Found one from a dealer for $880 plus shipping after getting him down to the original website price!

Still $70 more than my own dealer would have charged me, but it sounds like they just did a run of these and won't do another maybe until 2014 so I jumped on it. Now to add a magwell and maybe some VZ Operator grips, and of course a Streamlight TLR-1 since this will be my bedside companion. So freaking pumped! :supergrin:

7. Certainly one on my list to own.

8. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The juice was worth the squeeze :cheers:

9. Yes, thanks man. Although the real squeeze might come when my wife see's the purchase on the credit card, but there won't be any juice! JK, she is cool.

It was worth it, and it didn't even ship yet:snoopy:!

10. Man I'm glad that you got what you wanted!! They're really good guns

11. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA MEMBER

Congrats on getting what you want. $70 is a non issue.

12. Thanks man, I feel the same way. Should be here Saturday if the USPS doesn't dick it up!

13. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

My LGS has had one sitting in the show case for a few months now.Everytime I see it I drool a little.It's priced at $850 NIB.It's quite tempting.

#33 3rdgen40, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I've always liked those, never been able to find one when I could afford one.

#34 faawrenchbndr, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  15. At that price you should jump on it and if you don't like it sell it to someone here and get your money out of it! I can hardly wait for the call on Saturday! Got some golfin' to do to keep my mind off it.

16. Love mine! Got 2 through the SA armorers program for $1300 and both have been flawless. Great guns.

#36 Guatariccan, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  17. As others have noted, this is very well fit! The grips are a great match to the dark finish of the slide and the rail on this one somehow doesn't take away from the "Browning-ness" of it, at least for me.

The only minor complaint would be when working the slide, the double recoil spring somewhat changes the feel when the slide hits the frame on the way back. On the other hand if it guarantees reliability and helps recoil a bit then I guess I can live with it. Again, a must for me is a mag well, as much to keep the heel of my hand comfortable as for quicker mag changes.

Very excited to run some ammo through this, time to fire up the reloading press and dust off the .45 dies! My promise to myself was not to shoot it until done with finals beginning of May.

Any other simple mods suggested for this?

18. Mine has been great.