close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

S&W Model 28 - Spill the beans...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by HKLovingIT, Jan 29, 2013.

1. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
    I only have model 27s, so I am not certain, but I do not believe that target triggers or target hammers were factory options on a Model 28.

I know that the 27’s finish is a lot better. I have always thought(imagined?) that the 27 has a smoother action, but I may be delusional. In my opinion, the serrated rib on the 27 looks a lot nicer than the plain matt ribon the 28.

RJ

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. 390ish

390ish

Dec 6, 2004
    virginia
    I have 28 4" pinned and recessed. No way I would get rid of it. I put the magnas in a drawer and bought some smooth herret stocks. I do not like checkering on revolver stocks, or rubber, or finger grooves, or lasers, or medallions, or ranch dressing.

3. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    Your cat just back from the range? I know, feeble attempt at humor. Don

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  4. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    The Model 28 was my first handgun, sold to me by a Baptist minister FFL holder in Kentucky.

It is a big, ugly, brute of a revolver that will always, ALWAYS go bang.

Shoot the thing at night with full power .357 loads and watch this amazing flame come out of the muzzle.

I had rubber Hogue grips on mine foe amwhile...beat the hell out of my hand. Went back to the stock grips.

Frankly not my favorite piece to shoot but would take nothing for it.

5. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    It's funny a few hours ago I was thinking in trading my 28, I'm keeping it now. :rofl:

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Mar 23, 2001
    WV
    I bought a LNIB 28-3 a couple of years ago. Don't think it had ever been fired. I paid around $500. Now, if I could only find a target trigger and hammer for it.

7. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    The most accurate shooting I ever did was with a 6" Model 28. Sadly I was forced to sell it during a period of unemployment in my youth. I really wish I had that pistol back.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US