close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

S&W model 10-7 report (pics)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Berto, May 20, 2012.

1. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I ran a hundred rounds thru my mod 10-7 revolver today, it has the thin profile 4" barrel.

[​IMG]

Ammo was CCI Blazer (alum) 125gr +P .38sp jhp and Black Hills 148gr HBWC.

I have chrono'd the Blazer load in the past from my 4" 15-2, it ran 1025fps on average, I'd expect the same in this gun.
    Never chrono'd the BH wadcutters, but based on others' chrono work, mid 700fps is a safe bet.

All shooting was 25yrds standing offhand, DA.

[​IMG]

The Blazer stayed in the black, which was OK, though I was disappointed not to keep all 50 on the sticker (or 8 ring). The recoil is more noticeable with the lighter profile barrel, but certainly nothing to write home about- there's std pressure loads hotter than this stuff.
    Point of aim was top of bull, 125gr hits a little low from this fixed sight K frame; they are sighted for 158gr ammo.
    The five shots below the gun were Win PDX1 130gr jhp +p loads I had for the snubby, group measured 2.25", I held 6 '0 Clock on bull for that. THose typically are right at 1000fps from a gun like this, too.

The Black Hills wadcutters were a little better for me, right in the middle on windage and a dead-on hold. I still managed to throw a couple in the 7 ring, dammit.:honkie:

[​IMG]

I still need a Tyler for this one, and there's a slight hitch at the beginning of the DA pull, but otherwise perfect, no malfunctions as usual.
    I love the K frame.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Congratulatiions on a great gun, and if I may say, it is a pleasure to see that there are still a few who know how to shoot a DA revolver @ 25 yds. Thank you, you made my evening.:wavey:

3. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
    Midwest
    Good shooting! I know I can't shoot a revolver that well.

4. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Thanks guys. I actually shot it better than my SA Ruger.
    I shoot all my DA revolvers DA, just as I would if it were 'for real'.
    I wouldn't mind slicking the trigger up a little on this one, but it's minty and will smooth with use.

5. Now that's some good shooting with a fine shootin' iron for sure.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Good shooting, Berto. I always shoot DA as well. Once you learn how it's just as accurate as SA and much faster.

7. DFin

DFin

Mar 22, 2008
  8. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    nice shooting! nice to see there are still some people who can put groups on target further than 10 yards away. I laugh at these postings- about look how accurate my $2000 1911 is- only to see them admit the target was 7 or 10 yards away!

9. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker 6 of .44

Feb 13, 2003
    New Hampshire
    Nice shooting Berto, and nice looking S&W you have there. I too am glad there are others who can shoot a DA revolver, and make hits past 30-feet. Between you and a others (bac and Cajun shall remain unnamed :whistling: ) you have some great irons. Thanks, now I want a pencil-barrel Model 10 too...

10. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

You and me both. That is why this thread made my day

11. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Jul 13, 2003
    Canada
    Such a nice revolver You have there :)
    You may need the grip adaptor I agree - should improve handling. Very nice score :wavey:

12. Wyoming

Wyoming

Feb 3, 2007
    Southwest Wyoming
    That is why I like Berto and his reports. None of that point blank stuff.

Berto shoots real guns with real ammo at real distances.

Good job Berto!
    :thumbsup:

13. L Pete

L Pete

Mar 4, 2011
    That's the first and real "M&P". They worked a hundred years ago, and they work now.

14. 40 0'Glock

40 0'Glock

Mar 22, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Very nice. I have a beater 10-10 that still shoots like a dream. K frames are choice.

15. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    I've seen a lot of people shoot a lot worse than that at 50 feet on that target. That really is good shooting.

As usual........ :supergrin:

16. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Some day I'll try to slow things down and really see what I can do at 25yrds with dedicated slow fire with rests between shots.....unfortunately it takes forever to get through a box of ammo like that.
    The range didn't have their 50yrd mounts in either since they had just redone the backstop, so I want to get that going too.
    Thanks again for the compliments, I have soft spot for the .38sp K frames, they are still a solid weapon with a little effort and practice.

17. EldoEsq.

EldoEsq.

Aug 5, 2005
    New York
    gorgeous gun...great shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Yeah, I'd like to see you stop messing around and do some serious shooting :)