S&W M60 fired cases stick

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Cruisin23, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Model 60 , .357 - I've always had issues with this gun dropping fired .38 spl cases out. They always seemed to catch right at the case mouth. Now that I've started reloading for .357 also, I've found that reloaded ammo has a harder time going in and the first batch of (relatively light) .357 I could NOT extract by hand, I had to take a dowel to them to get them out. This is not an issue on my Model 65, even with the same loads. Did S&W make these with tighter tolerances in the chambers?

I've looked at polishing the chambers, but they really don't look very rough. Any other ideas?

Also, anyone have an opinion on the WC spring kits for these from MidwayUSA?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    “Balooning of Glock fired cases” Reloading Mar 28, 2011
    Stuck primer cases in once fired brass.. Reloading Jul 10, 2010
    WTB- 9mm commercial once fired brass cases Wanted To Buy Aug 12, 2004
    Never fired Springfield TRP Operator Firearms Listings Tuesday at 8:22 AM
    SOLD PSA 10.5 Nitride upper Slim handguard NEW Unfired $180+Shipping Gun Parts & Accessories Sep 27, 2015

3. chirpchirpchirp..... anyone out there?

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

This is happening with a clean cylinder on the first firing?
  5. Yes sir. And like I said, this is not an issue with my Model 65.
  6. mace85

mace85 NRA GOA USPSA

I know this is an old thread, but see if this works. Check the case mouth of your reloaded ammo, see if you are removing the bell on the case completely. If not maybe take your micrometer to the chamber as see if they are cut to spec. Might have to call S&W to get the dimensions you need. Does this happen with new ammo as well as reloads?