S&W - M&P shield

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by GaGlock01, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Does anyone have one, they seem hard to find.

Does anyone know where to get one for a reasonable price?

Found a few on line for over 500.00.. I have heard 389 - 425 as average price, but now FFL’s areover charging for it do to how hard they are to get, and because they can.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. That does NOT my any question I asked, so thanks very little for nothing..

Gunbroker has them, they are over priced, but you can get one.

#3 GaGlock01, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. Seems like it answered all of your questions to me....

Yes, some folks have them, and yes, they are hard to find. Prices seem to be all over the map from $399 up...only you can decide if the price is reasonable to you when you find one.

4. I just re-read the thread I posted and after I counted ten people who said they have got a Shield, including a post on 30 July from a guy who wrote that he got one that day and paid $374 for it, I stopped counting. There were also a couple people who indicated that they had seen and handled some Shields at gun stores but did not get one. I guess I am missing something as how that does not answer the question of whether or not anyone has one.

5. PX had a couple for 402 a couple of weeks ago. They were out yesterday.

6. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Life Member

They've been out in Kentucky but 2 stores I know has been selling them for $369.

7. There's not only a pistol forum, but a Smith & Wesson subforum.

You can get them closer to $370 online, but because they're relatively new and concealed carry is probably the hottest segment right now, inventory is relatively low, and this gives the opportunity for those shops that do have them in stock to charge more or price gouge, depending on how one views it.

#8 Durden, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  8. Actually, yes he did answer your question quite well. No need to get worked up when somebody posts in an attempt to help you answer a question that already comes up quite often. If you don't want answers and help from others, don't ask for it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Thanks :wavey:

10. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I'm sorry but its all hype, and S&W slightly pulling back on production to increase demand. They are trying to pull a Ruger with gun shops saying they are not taking any more orders.

Personally I rather wait until all the Beta testers are done with them, all the bugs are worked, out and demand calms down. Its a real nice $400 9mm pistol, but I would not pay scalpers prices. The only way you can find one for a decent price is pure luck walking into a gun store...Sorry.

If you really want to spend $500 for a shield , you should just get a Walther PPS

#11 Bilbo Bagins, Aug 3, 2012
  11. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Thread derail. . . . I'll buy one when they come out with a 45. 'nuffsaid! (If I want less bullerts, gimme a bigger caliber!)

12. Bilbo Bagins

+1

Honestly the Springfield XDs .45 and the Shield 9mm are almost the exact same size and weight. All you loose is one round bumping up to .45.

Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD™ 9mm

[​IMG]
    • Caliber: 9mm
    • Capacity: 7 Round & 8 Round
    • Action: Striker Fire
    • Barrel Length: 3.1" / 7.874 cm
    • Front Sight: White Dot
    • Rear Sight: White 2-Dot
    • Overall Length: 6.1" / 15.5 cm
    • Frame Width: .95" / 2.413 cm
    • Overall Height: 4.6" / 11.684 cm
    • Weight: 19.0 oz / 538.7 g
    • Frame Material: Polymer
    • Barrel/Slide Finish: Black Melonite® 68 HRc
    • Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs. +/-
    • Sight Radius: 5.3" / 13.3 cm
    Springfield XDS

CALIBER.45 ACP
    CAPACITY5 + 1 RDS
    WEIGHT21.5 oz.

MELONITE®
    HEIGHTwith Magazine4.4"
    OVERALL LENGTH6.3"
    OVERALL WIDTH1"

#13 Bilbo Bagins, Aug 3, 2012
  13. I've handled them both, and shot the PPS. I'd rather have the Shield.

14. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Wish I could get a legitimate XDS in Mass. :(

Almost as hard to get one as the OP getting a 9mm Shield. LOL

15. I just picked mine up m&p shield in 40 today at Davids Gun Room in Norcross GA, he has one left for 439.99.

I will post some pictures later, off to the range to shoot it :supergrin:.

#16 GaGlock01, Aug 3, 2012
  16. Bilbo Bagins

Congrats, did you want the .40S&W or did you just settle on it because it was available?

17. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

The XDs is pretty hard to get anywhere. But by chance I managed to get one.

It is glorious.

18. Take a couple hundred rounds of ammo, and put the 7 round mag to the test. I bought 2 .40 shields and had to send them both back to s&w, one of the guns both mags were dropping. I hope they fix it, because I sure as hell would not trust it with my life.

19. What a dumb name for a pistol. Is Ruger going to come out with the Helment? How about a Glock Shin Guard?