close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

S&W Bodyguard 38

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by CCF, May 13, 2010.

1. CCF

CCF

Jan 13, 2006
    Broken Arrow, OK
    I'm trying to decide between an Ruger LCR & the Bodyguard for a BUG. If the integral laser system is quality on the Bodyguard, the MRSP on the Smith beats the Ruger with the CT lasergrips by a good margin ($625 to $792). I believe the street price of the lasered LCR is about $600.

Anybody know the street price of the Bodyguard &/or have an opinion of the gun?

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. 17z

17z

Oct 3, 2006
    Omaha,Nebraska
    I will rather have the Ruger LCR. WHY??????, Because,,,,,,,,,,,, I am a RUGER REVOLVER COLLECTOR. 17z

3. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    I'd take the Smith. I really like my model 49.

4. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

Jan 19, 2004
    Louisville Kentucky
    I too would buy the J Frame S&W..
    You gotta be carefull nowdays as the term " Bodyguard" can mean a plastic .380 & a polymer 38spl revolver in a S&W, Look at this- S&W 38spl Bodyguard & S&W .380 Bodyguard S&Ws answer to the Ruger LCP & LCR..

And a Model 38 S&W is an Airweight Bodyguard & the Model 49 is the full weight Bodyguard.. These are Metal revolvers..

I haven't handled the newer Polymer "Bodyguards" YET..

5. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I vote S&W and skip the CT grips. I mean the regular model 38 or one of the variants, not the new Smith polymer revolver.