close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

S&W 500 w/New Hogue Lamo Camo

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 5, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    I received the new Hogue Lamo Camo grips I ordered today. They really make a huge difference on the gun. Not only do they look better but they feel better too. You can see them in the video linked below but be warned...this video might be even more offensive than my normal videos. Take a look if you dare. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr1t7o_wX6Q]S&W 500 w/ New Hogue Lamo Camo - YouTube[/ame]

2. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    Good luck. I had a pair of those and the .500 cracked them. Did you tell them it was for a .500 or just tell them the frame size?

When I last contacted them, they said they wouldn't build anymore grips like that for the .500. Don

3. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Aug 23, 2009
    SE WA
    Were the wiener jokes really necessary?

4. For the sake of discussion, would solid wood grips be better or less prone to cracking than laminated? Usually laminated is stronger but it would also depend on the type of wood used on either.

5. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    Don't have any answers to your questions, Hogue just wasn't very interested in dealing with .500, it was causing too many broken grips. Don

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    As a custom wood worker I can tell you one thing. Not only will laminate be many times stronger than solid wood, but it is also much more flexible. That adds up to the best choice for a revolver like this.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    Absolutely.

8. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

Stop talking the talk and go do some nerve damage.

Wood on a 500 is not a "good" thing. I won't say purty, but not entirely unattractive.

But it's wood, on a 500! Even Desert Eagle gave it up as a bad idea and that was on a pansy-ass 50AE.

My arm is buzzed for about three hours after I leave the range and I've got nice squishy grips.

You are looking at a nice loss of consortium suit if nothing else.:whistling: