close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S&w 3000

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by twing21s, Jul 15, 2010.

1. twing21s

twing21s
    Expand Collapse
    action figure

Ok guys and gals I just rpocured a S&W 3000 for a song and some beads. It appears to look like a Remmy 870, but I have heard that they are supposed to be Mossy like. What's the skinny on them?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

It's a clone of the 870, just like the Sigma is a clone of Glock. S&W was trying to take away market share from Remington, though it never gained any ground. I believe they were very well built guns, and you should still be able to find parts.

3. El_Ron1

El_Ron1
    Expand Collapse
    AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

If the Sigma had been a clone of the Glock, S&W would have sold many millions of them. :cool:

#3 El_Ron1, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  4. GoBow

GoBow
    Expand Collapse

Decent enough shotgun. I have one that I used as a service weapon, now it does HD duty. Parts are not all that common. Some 870 parts might work, but they aren't an exact copy. Best of luck with it!

5. twing21s

twing21s
    Expand Collapse
    action figure

Thanks for the info I will probably leave it as is except for the wood stocks, and add a sidesaddle, mount a light and sling on her maybe some half way decent ghost ring sights then keep it for home defense.

6. Jager Arms

Jager Arms
    Expand Collapse

I've got two I bought new in 1983, they have performed well for me. One is a sporter with a 30 inch, full choke, vent rib barrel. The other has an 18 inch, cylinder bore barrel. Factory Choate Machine & Tool side folder/ pistol grip/ fore end, and it is gray parkerized. The latter has had many thousands of rounds through the years. It has been to several schools, many competitions, and served as my duty weapon for several years. I have had zero problems from either of them.

They were an improvement over the 870 when they were introduced. They had dual slide rails to prevent binding. If a shell slipped under the follower; you could chamber it by simply racking the slide. At the time the 870 had a single slide rail, and if you got a shell stuck under the follower; you were clearing it with your pocket knife. I was impressed enough to buy two. I hope yours serves you as well as mine have.