Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ruthless Price Gouger or ______________??

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by SpectreRider, Dec 28, 2012.

1. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

I know most say they aren't selling any of their ARs at any price. I however can't resist if people are going to be paying stupid prices.

Today, I dropped off a new, unfired m4 16" built on a Tactical Machining lower with an unmarked (LMT) upper, blackhawk soft case, 3 pMags, 3 GI Mags and a box of ammo to the LGS for consignment. It has sat in the safe as an extra for over two years.

All the AR's in stock at the LGS are consignments.

Cheapest one was $2800.

Priced mine at $2250.

$1800/$450 split with the LGS.

Expect that it will sell over the weekend.

So, am I a Ruthless Price Gouger or something else?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Why don't you try to sell it on armslist for $2200. That way you don't have to split with those greed heads.

3. Who knows you might be giving it away at that price. time will tell.

I can tell you if things do go crazy I have a couple items that sit in a safe we may drop off also
  4. pnutcar

pnutcar MIZZOU TIGERS!

Mar 5, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Supply and demand. Anyone *****ing about the prices is just a hater. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It might just be exactly what someone is looking for at the price they're ok with.
  5. SpectreRider

It is my good fortune to have the greed heads help set the price. They say it will probably sell over the weekend at 2250, 1800/450 split.

I had considered trying to sell it on armslist, for $1300.

Glad I didn't.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  6. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    My sentiments exactly! Hell, if you price it at $10,000 and someone is dumb enough to pay that, then more power to ya!!!
  7. I see. A 5 minute online research, and you could have set your own price, without them. A 2250, 1800/450 split is too high, thats why I said "greed heads", which they really are if you ask me. Pick up that rifle (if you didn't sign anything there) and sell it yourself on armslist for $2190, and sent me a gift card for a six-pack after you sold it.

Armslist will give you also a lot more potential customers than that LGS where nobody checks by anymore because they are sold out of everything anyway.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

Jun 23, 2006
    My Bushmaster Carbon 15 sold at the gun show today for $1500 in about 20 minutes. I probably could have asked more, but that was even MY threshold for "gouging". There wasn't an AR of any type on any table for less than $1700, and most were $2k to start.
  9. At the Fort Worth gun show today they had some new Colt M4-LE6920 like the one from Wal-Mart that was selling for $1097 lately priced at $2999. It seemed everyone had an AR for sale there today.
  10. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Some dip was on the local news(gun show in town) talking about how he scored an mp15 for $2450 I almost cried with laughter
  11. AZson

Oct 5, 2005
    Or sell it on I can still get an AR on for under $1000
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  12. SpectreRider

I will check in at the store Monday after work to see if it has sold.
    I had thought to price it at 1300 using the prices I was seeing on gunbroker and armslist. LGS guys are saying they can sell it for a lot more. We'll see. If it is still there I will drop the price 250.

The people who shop gunbroker and armslist for the most part aren't as clueless as the people who shop a LGS on a main road.
  13. Osborne

Jan 3, 2012
    My uncle found a Colt LE 6920 in Teays Valley, West Virgina for $4,000 at a gunshop and the guy would not budge from the price said he's been able to sale a couple for that price.
  14. SpectreRider

:shocked:..........> :alex:...........>:faint:..............>:rofl:

One thing I have decided is (oH, damn I hate to say this and make the Colt fanboys feel smug) I am going to sell off a few OFF BRAND ars and buy a couple of Colts. I have seen in this that the dominant market brand becomes THE most desirable one to have.

I expect that principle operates for things outside of firearms as well.