Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

russia bans export of ammo

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by phil evans, Mar 7, 2014.

1. phil evans

phil evans

May 26, 2006
    austin tx
    any truth to rumor that russia has prohibited the exporting of ammo to USA ?
    biggest local austin gun shop employee said this to me this morning.
    all tulia and other brands of ammo manufactured in russia or their satellites will no longer be exported - i.e. all ak ammo.
    maybe they are predicting they will need the ammo for themselves.
  2. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Jan 8, 2004
    Southern IN
    True or not, it is a good reason to panic and buy, buy, buy.

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    They're preemptively ceasing export because President Obama stated he was pushing for a ban on import. Pulling the import ban's teeth, if you will.
  4. raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    GNG logic: if it was reported by a gun shop employee or on a YouTube video it must be true
  5. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

Jun 10, 2008
    Godless country
    Fine with me. I used Wolf ammo once, and it's the last time I'm going to. I don't think I could make my gun dirtier if I locked the slide back, poured honey in it, and kicked it around in the dirt than by shooting that nasty crap.
  6. Geez, I thought I finally had enough ammo, I guess I will have to resume hoarding:upeyes:
  7. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
  8. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    In all honesty this one's more than a bit silly. Russia is more self sustaining than most countries so if President Obama thinks sanctions are going to do anything there's got to be someone smoking something in the cabinet.

Now Russia could very well cripple a lot of Europe by stopping oil flow. That one would be interesting.

But considering other countries have either stopped or are considering stopping arms and ammo exports to Russia, it does make sense for Russia to keep what it makes for itself.
  9. hunter 111

hunter 111

Jan 29, 2012
    TRAVEL -
    I saw it on the internet so it must be true.....bon jour
  10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    -eh- I saw it in financial times.

Believe what you will
  11. RenoF250

Feb 23, 2008
    Not only that last time I shot it I have 2 or 3 FTFs out of 2 boxes. All had good primer hits and went the second time.
  12. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    How big is he? I've always found gunshop commando credibility is proportional to their size. And volume...
  13. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  14. bakerj

Jan 31, 2003
    Whew, glad that i built a Krink in 5.56 , guess i'll have to throw the 5.45 one in the trash when I run out of ammo.
  15. KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    Recall that Wolf also sources ammo in Ukraine.

Maybe we'll get MORE of their stuff...

16. I could really care less about Russian ammo. I was born in the USA; and my goal is to purchase products that are made in the USA. That being said... The H-E-L-L with Putin and his Russian made ammo.
  17. I doubt it will be permanent but if it isn't true yet I expect it will be in the short term.

Personally I'm a fan of the AK over the AR so this kinda stings for me. There are a few other sources of cheap AK ammo though. Romania and Yugoslavia come to mind.

Course they would get more scarce if Russia stopped exporting too. Wolf makes some in it's Ukraine plant as well, but that looks like its going to be Russian soon.
  18. A little short sighted of you. Even if you don't use the 7.63x39, 5.45x39 or 7.62x54R they also ship out a whole lot of other calibers.

5.56/.223, 9mm, 45acp, etc etc. Those are already expensive and hard to find at times with the cheap russian ammo that people are buying. How do you expect that to go with less ammo available.
  19. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee

I care, and so do a lot of other fellow gun enthusiasts...