Ruger's Commander 1911 finally available!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ajgranda, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Maybe its just me, but I have absolutely ZERO excitement for this or the new Remington commander.

I have some commanders, but I much prefer full size models.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Its all steel like a 1911 should be.

3. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Want...

I've seen 3 Sr1911's - two were used, one was new, all were $1,000. So I don't have one yet...

4. :animlol:

5. Looks very nice, hope to see one soon. Still hard to find the SR1911 in my neck of the woods.

6. Yeah, Ruger introduces new models before they even get caught up with the previous model. I give them kudos for building great products, but it can cause customers some frustration.

7. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Good looking. Won't be able to get it here in CA though.

8. This.

9. Aaaaaaaannnnnnndddd.... THIS.

10. JoleBole

JoleBole Mr.Glock

I bought my full size SR1911 for $680 OTD. This one should be about the same. I got it from a local FFL. Gun stores sell it for lot more.

#30 JoleBole, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  11. Amen, I am still waiting for 2 SR1911's I ordered over a year ago

12. Sorry for the delay - I don't get back to glocktalk as often as I'd like.

I think it was going to be put out for $640.00, not sure what the shop employee paid.

L8r,
    Bob S.

13. rkb58

Put my name on the list today. Picked up the SR1911 last September and it is nice. Looking forward to the CMD.

14. For $650, I would buy a one of these. I have a full size (not Ruger) that I love, but a Commander sized pistol would be nice for a little easier concealment.

Checked with my local shop today and was told that it would be about 2 weeks before I could start the process on one and they quoted me over $800 for it. Will see if I can work them down some or keep looking.

15. I hate that crap on my Police Service Six so much that I want to fill it in with spackle.

16. Kyle's gun shop in Ohio has one. Price on it is $899.

17. I just fondled one today at my LGS and they had it priced at $809. Liked it alot, but I just bought a Sig RCS a couple of weeks ago and have a G19 on order whenever that gets in so funds are a little depleted.

18. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Ruger bills itself as the worlds largest gun manufacturer. I find it so hard to find them that I think they mean they made one really large gun, not that they're making large quantities.

I'm still filling out the butt hurt report on the POS Ruger P95 I got.

19. It took me over one year to find my SR1911 pistol last year.? Their new Commander is a nice gun. the only difference that I can see is that it is only about an Half of an Inch shorter than the full size SR1911.? And for CC That would of not made a difference to me.? I am glad that I finally bought my SR1911 when I did. And with all of the Obama & Gov. Como crap going on.? Who knows when they will even be available for sale etc.?