close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger super blackhawk- Question. HELP!

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by glockin-45, Jun 25, 2011.

1. glockin-45

glockin-45

Feb 24, 2009
    North Carolina
    I posted this in general firearms with out much imput. just bought a .44 mag. the gun cocks and locks up but when not cocked and the hammer is down it does not lock up tight. You can turn the cylinder alittle to the left counter clockwise. what cause is this and is it dangerous to shoot. Guy told me it had always been like that and he has shot it a long time ago with no problem. Any thoughts. I sure dont trust it and am not sure if i should go with just any reputable smith or send it to Ruger.

2. frankt

frankt

May 9, 2005
    Georgia
    I just checked my 42 year old Blackhawk and it has the same tiny amount of play regardless if the hammer is cocked or fully down. No difference in cylinder wiggle.

As long as it locks up tight when cocked, I would think that is all that matters.

Call Ruger. They can tell you if it is OK and fix it if it is not.
    Good luck

3. glockin-45

glockin-45

Feb 24, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah frankt, i'm going to give Ruger a call if i ever have the time. Thanks.

4. Grovenator

Grovenator

Nov 27, 2005
    Washington
    Send it to Ruger. They'll fix it and probably not even charge you.