Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by ptmccain, Oct 1, 2011.

1. I guess I got here a little late. Didn't pay any attention to how old the thread was. Excuse me if I did something wrong. I'm a newbe

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I did a double take when I saw Okie's post as the second one. I new it had to be old but just stared at Okie's avatar. It was at 129,000 and I think he almost doubled that before he died.

Sure do miss him.

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

....don't worry, if you would have started a new thread about the SR 1911 the same folk would have busted your balls about not doing a search!
  4. I sure miss Okie :(
  5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

Don't worry about it,........many topics are simply repeated.
  6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

That is what I was thinking.

Happyguy :)
  7. Not a problem for me. What's old for some might be new stuff for you and me. Some of these guys have been around here for ten years. I guess it's make 'em a little crusty. Notice you've only been around here about a month. Hope you have a great time here.
  8. faawrenchbndr

Darn good post........I may just for into that crusty old man profile. Take a lot with a grain of salt, many here like to pick on each other. tips you are being completely ignored, be worried, be very worried.
  9. I miss him as well. If it was 129,000, it was one of his last posts, sadly. It only ever shows your total anyway.

Great guy indeed...
    #89 bac1023, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  10. I guess you can group me into this category...

I didn't mean to offend. It's just that a lot can change in three years.
  11. faawrenchbndr

Okie was one of a kind......a true gentle giant.
  12. No doubt, Greg
  13. tedwhite

Millennium Member

Just stumbled into this thread. Mainly because I just bought a Commander size SR1911 today and thought I'd read up on it.

Now I'm doubly glad I bought it.
  14. The title of this thread had me going "Ruger SR1911 - MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT" since I bought one and love it too. Glad to see it was sarcasm and the story had a happy ending!