close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger SR-556

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by kueblerkt, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kueblerkt

kueblerkt

Jan 17, 2009
    'Merica
    I bought one :cool:

I will try and get pics up soon. :wavey:

2. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    Congrats. Eagerly awaiting pics and hopefully a range report!!

3. Kentak

Kentak

Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    Congrats. I believe you will like it very much.

There have been some issues discussed, but they are easily fixed.

1) Some have a safety selector switch which moves past (clockwise) the "Fire" position detent. At that point the switch could start to slide right out of the receiver. The fix is to buy a new switch (ten bucks) and install it. Fixed. It's easy enough to see if yours does this. If not, you can forget it.

2) Some have a firing pin retaining pin (cotter pin) that doesn't seem to go all the way through the holes in the carrier. It's not really a pin problem. The holes in the carrier are tight. I solved it easily by polishing the retaining pin with a Dremel and polishing wheel until it went in smoothly. Fixed.

3) *My* trigger was not too great. Not terrible, but noticeably rougher than the totally stock trigger in my Bushmaster, which is actually pretty good, IMO. It bothered me so much I put a Geissele tactical trigger in.

However, my buddy, who bought his at the same time and from the same source as I, had a trigger that was much better than mine. Quite nice, actually. So, the trigger seems to be luck of the draw, as it is with a lot of the stock military triggers.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  4. kueblerkt

kueblerkt

Jan 17, 2009
    'Merica
    Thanks for the heads up. Im fairly new to AR's and if I have any problems I will shoot you a PM. Hopefully she works out for me!

5. internal

internal

Feb 9, 2006
    When you get a chance I'd be curious to know how much it really weighs.

I'm not convinced of the weight figures ruger puts out.

Thanks

6. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Apr 26, 2006
    New Mexico
    Man, I want one. Hope I get Tax money back this year. Great pics. Any probs don't sound too bad.

7. DRT

DRT

May 6, 2001
    USA
    I was thinking about buying one of these to compliment my LE6920 but decided against it since it utilizes a 1:9 vs 1:7 rifled barrel. I like 75gr 5.56mm TAP so I wanted the 1:7 barrel for optimum accuracy with that round. Not sure why they didn't go with 1:7.

Looks like a nice rifle, enjoy it.