close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

RUGER Speed Six DAO

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Buckeye63, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

Jul 24, 2004
    East TN
    [​IMG]
    Picked it up yesterday....
    New York PD 38 Spl.3in. barrel DAO ...Nice carry gun.

What do guys think bout this carry set up ??

2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    That is a nice find, nothing wrong with that carry set up.
    How's the trigger?

3. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

Jul 24, 2004
    East TN
    Thanks

Well smooth for a Ruger ..not as smooth as my Police Six (action/trigger job) I'd say it will smooth up more with shooting...as most police guns it is carried lotz shot very little...needs bout 1000 or 2000 run through her.

The holster I use is great a true pancake for 3in. ers.. (carry 4in.ers with no problems.) holds the gun high and close..

4. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

Jan 31, 2000
    Boston MA
  5. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    Isn't the barrel 2 & 3/4 inches? My Speed Six in 357 is. BTW, the Pachmayr Compac grip is way better than the factory grip.

6. Rex G

Rex G

Mar 24, 2003
    SE TX
    Ruger did make special runs of the DA fixed-sight Sixes with 3" barrels, usually for agencies. Sweet find! I had one of the 4" DAO Service Sixes, from an over-run of the ones made for NYPD use. I foolishly let it get away from me in a trade. After some years of looking, I found a beat-up but internally sweet 4" Speed Six, to replace it, and installed a factory spurless hammer, which is not DAO.

My avatar is a 3" GP100, with adjustable sights, a rare bird for sure, supposedly from an overrun of a batch made for a federal agency.

Buckeye, your set-up is truly great. A spurless-hammer fixed-sight DA sixgun is about as good as it can get for a carry gun, IMHO. 3" or 4" is a matter of personal taste; I actually prefer 4" most of the time, because I usually wear long cover garments, and as I have a badge, there is no legal requirement that I do a perfect job of concealment, anyway.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. Very nice. I searched long and hard to find just the right ruger for me. I found it last year. Speed Six .357 in stainless and 2 3/4" bbl. Like new. Love it! It was for nostalgia. I had been issued one back in the day, and had shot well with it, and liked the size and looks. Call me creepy, but I walk past K frames to fondle speedies!!!:supergrin: