Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ruger SP101 still the one of best 357 mag snubs

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by fowler, Feb 4, 2012.

1. fowler

May 27, 2004
    Its a 357 mag shooting machine that works. No cracked forcing cones like the K-frame SW. Strong reliable and just the right weight for shooting 125gr. 357 mag carry loads. I like the pacymyer compac grips. Better feel and control than the stock grips and still small enough to conceal. A true bargian less than $500 out the door. OWB holster.
  2. Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    fowler, you got that right. I carry the 2" DAO daily. I put a Night Site on the front, gave the gun a polish job, and thinned and reshaped the trigger to custom fit me. I also have light color wood inserts in the grip. Wish I could do pictures but, I don't have a grandchild to show me how.

3. clfarr72

Jan 13, 2007
    My DAO was the first gun I bought after living overseas for a couple of years. I may go back to pachmayrs. I've been trying a set of crimson trace grips. I like them and like the feel of them, they just don't sit quite right in my hand. I've been toying with the idea of putting a gold bead front sight on. I wish holsters were a little easier to come by. I did find a Mithc Rosen express belt holster that I'm really happy with. She is usually loaded with either Golden Saber or DPX 125s. Jot a box of 110 gr sjhp that I'm going to run through and see how the do.
  4. I have a feeling the 158 gr Blazer in .357 would be a good SD load. Not too stout for a revolver that size and still a decent HP.
  5. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I had one, and it was awesome! Were I to get another .357, I'd say that would be it.
  6. Buckeye63

Jul 24, 2004
    East TN
    Best 5 shot 357 mag made......
  7. 2740dmx

Mar 9, 2009
    carried the 2.5" DAO version for awhile.
    Used an AKJ Concealco IWB leather holster...

I installed a night sight from Mepro, and loved it.
    Badger boot grips...

My dad has it now...we kinda trade stuff back and forth...

Ruger is solid firearm!