close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger Single six

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by bikerpipes, Mar 10, 2010.

1. I'm in the process of buying a Ruger single six with adjustable sights,Magnum cylinder and 9 1/2 inch barrel do these revolvers shoot good what is it worth has wood grips.

2. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

Nov 11, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I haven't fired the newer models, but my old 3-screw is a tack driver. Excellent pistol and fun to shoot as well.

A good addition to any collection.

3. Do they shoot good? Well, they're not target pistols, but for hunting and plinking I think they're plenty accurate. I've got two and really like them.

What's it worth? Hard for me to say. I just picked this one up for $250.00. On Gunbroker I see prices between $250.00 and $500.00. Just depends on the gun, and how bad someone wants it (or wants to keep it).

[​IMG]

4. I bought the single six yesterday nice I may try and trade it for a single six with a shorter barrel.

5. You bought a harder model to find. The 9 1/2 inch barrel isn't easy to come across.

6. BSA70

BSA70

Aug 14, 2007
    NC
    One of the best guns out there. I have 2. I paid 80 for a new model, and 150 for a good condition 3 screw. Had to round up a second cylinder for each.

Love'em!

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I picked up a 90% Single Six Convertable from a friend in '94 for $125
    It's an old three screw, manufactured in 1967. It's a tack driver! Love it!

I'd say your's is worth $275-350. Just really depends, like Simon' stated, the 9.5" is rather rare.

8. I would say it is near perfect condition I have 375 in it.I was told by owner he bought gun and a box of shells and still has part of the box left.

9. rhino673

rhino673

Feb 7, 2010
    I've got a 9.5 Single Six. I got it from my Grandfather many years ago and it is a deadly groundhog gun! I've took more hogs with it then all my other guns combined!

10. cphilip

cphilip

Oct 17, 2006
    Clemson SC
    My Single 6 in its john Wayne "Duke Rig"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  11. Shortimer

Shortimer

Dec 11, 2007
    I got a new Single Six about 2 months ago. It is SS & has a 5.5 barrel. Looks great & shoots great.