close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger Security Six? (Repeat)

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by wrenrj1, Aug 12, 2011.

1. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    NOTE: I posted this in the wheelhouse as I didn't see a Ruger Specific forum:

Anyone have one? Found a Security Six in brushed stainless, pachmeyer grips in 4" used for $399.00. While I didn't ask to hold it, it looks like it's in outstanding shape, Opinions? I have a few other Rugers (SP101, GP100, LCP etc.) and thought this would be a great addition to my revolver collection.

2. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Yes, and, IMHO, especially in the Ruger line up, the Security Six is the perfect .357!

1. It has adjustable sights!
    2. Holds six rounds, rather than 5!
    3. It's size is perfect, and not twice as big as it needs to be!

3. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    I think I'd have to buy it. I passed on one just a few weeks ago, SS 4" barrel, just a bit more in price. I have a 6" blued Security-Six, nice gun.

4. Pecos Bill

Pecos Bill

Aug 20, 2010
    West Michigan
    I have it in a 6" brushed stainless. Really accurate. I use it for deer hunting working the swamps. I love mine.

5. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
    Change in plans! The tag was mis-marked and it's actually a Service Six (almost identicle to my Colt Lawman) when I asked to look at it/handle it. No flaws seen except what looks like a very, very small bit of what looks like rust in the ejector shroud housing that could be easily taken care of. I couldn't verify the SN due to the pachmeyer grips (but would prior to purchase, and this is a Scheels store) So, for $399.00 still a good deal?

I was looking for a Security Six on the bucket list, but am always looking for a good deal for collection purposes.

6. Pecos Bill

Pecos Bill

Aug 20, 2010
    West Michigan
    The top strap is a little thicker on the security six and the Security six has adjustable rear sights. The service six has fixed rear sight which some prefer. Both good guns.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  8. PBRLite

PBRLite

Jan 29, 2009
    Kansas
    I recently picked up a Speed Six in .357. It was $296 out the door, and I feel like I ripped the guy off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Toledo

Toledo

Feb 15, 2005
    Ober Der
    My first handgun purchase was back in 1987---a 6 inch, blued security six. I loved that gun but had to sell it like a fool. I now own a 4 inch stainless steel.

10. Toledo

Toledo

Feb 15, 2005
    Ober Der
    Could you provide info on that grip. I'm pretty sure it would fit my security six.

11. Buckeye63

Buckeye63

Jul 24, 2004
    East TN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of my Speed Six with 2 3/4 in barrel and My Police Six
    both 357mag..both with action jobs seriously smooth