close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger Plastic Boxes

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by CajunBass, Feb 12, 2014.

1. CajunBass

CajunBass
    Expand Collapse

I've got two Ruger Single-Six, 22 revolvers that I bought about ten years apart. After I got the second one a few days ago, I noticed that it has a worn spot on the right side of the frame, in the same spot that the older one I've got has one.

I thought that was sort of odd. I didn't think too much about the first one. It was a used gun with a worn spot on it. It happens...big deal. But when I saw a second gun, with basically the same spot, I got to looking closer and realized that the spot matches up with a raised spot in the plastic box the guns come shipped in.

Gun Number one.

[​IMG]

Number two.

[​IMG]

You can clearly see the blemishes between the pins, in the pictures.

I might be the last person in the world to note this but I thought I'd comment on it. I don't use those boxes for storage/transport, but I'm sure some people do.

When Ruger ships the guns, they're wrapped in a plastic bag, which gets between the box and the gun, and limits the slippage in the box. If you're going to use the box for storage/transport, it might be a good idea to put something soft between them.

2. Johnny Ringo

Johnny Ringo
    Expand Collapse

I would notice it too. And it would kind of be a wee bit upsetting...

3. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

That's why I love the old Ruger cardboard boxes. ;)

4. CajunBass

CajunBass
    Expand Collapse

Well, the reason I love the old cardboard boxes, is I like the old guns that came in the cardboard boxes. :supergrin:

But thos will do for shooters.