close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger LCR Talo edition hard coat + XS Sight

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by myriad_one, Mar 8, 2012.

1. myriad_one

myriad_one

Aug 28, 2006
    Greetings all,

I'm thinking about purchasing the Ruger LCR-G with the blue/gray synergistic hard coat. But it's difficult to find out much about the hard coat.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if that hard coat is the same as the factory black but just different in color. ie is it as durable as the factory coating? To my eyes it makes it easier to see the front sight.

Also I'm wondering if anyone has the XS Standard Dot sight installed on their LCR, and if so are you happy with it?

Thanks

2. Chup

Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    I installed the XS Sight on my LCR 357. It's nice and bright at night and easy to see in daylight. It is great at the Range. I want to put one on my SP101 now.

3. myriad_one

myriad_one

Aug 28, 2006
    @Chup, thanks. Anyone else know about the TALO blue/grey hard coat?

4. F_G

F_G

Jan 11, 2010
    Crown King, AZ
    Not familiar with the Talo Blue/Gray coating, but I just installed an XS sight on my .38spl LCR and it is awesome. Much easier to acquire during the day and very bright at night. I'm very happy with the XS sight.