close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger LCR 22 magnum

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by chief63, Jan 17, 2013.

1. chief63

chief63
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering if anyone handled one yet and wanted to share.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Tailhunter

Tailhunter
    Expand Collapse
    Glockman

Probably awhile before we see these, they just announced their existence.

3. mag318

mag318
    Expand Collapse

I picked up one this week for $400 and really like it. I already own an LCR22 and 38 but this new 22 Magnum is fast becoming my favorite. With excellent new ammo like Critical Defense, Gold Dots and PDX1 the 22 Magnum has very good short barrel performance. I highly recommend this new LCR to anyone looking for a 22 Magnum concealable pistol.

4. TheGrimReaper

TheGrimReaper
    Expand Collapse

Man, that is great to hear!!! I have been wanting one of these since they came out with the LCR!!! Thanks for sharing.

5. mag318

mag318
    Expand Collapse

The first thing I noticed about the LCR 22 Magnum was that the trigger pull was lighter than my LCR 22. As you know rimfire require a heavier firing pin strike than centerfires so they have heavier mansprings. So I think Ruger has teaked the design a little which is good. I shot several different loads through the new LCR to be sure it was reliable and it functioned flawlessly. I can't wait for some warm weather so I can give it a longer range session. First time out it did shoot to the POA so it is accurate.

6. pipedreams

pipedreams
    Expand Collapse

Interesting since I have been looking at the LCR 22mag wondering if it would be suitable for my wife. She can't pull the slide back on a auto due to arthritisin her hands but I was hoping the LCR might be a solution.

7. itstime

itstime
    Expand Collapse

First I've heard of these. Cool.

8. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD
    Expand Collapse

I have an LCR in .38 Special. Very nice gun, great trigger and shoots point of aim. I like it a lot. My problem is one of ergonomics. The large standard grip is very comfortable but I find it unsuitable for pocket carry (which I do often). The so-called boot grip is very compact, just not comfortable for me.

One day (I may be dreaming here) someone will come up with a J-frame size grip for the little LCR, and then the gun will become my sole pocket carry piece. And I'd buy one in .22 Magnum in a heartbeat!

9. mattayo

mattayo
    Expand Collapse

Theres a couple on gunbroker. I fondled one and liked it

10. railfancwb

railfancwb
    Expand Collapse

Fondling is good...

I have the CrimsonTrace grip on my LCR .38 and that gun conceals well in blue jean pockets...relaxed fit jeans.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer
    Expand Collapse

I think Smith and Wesson makes one. It comes with a frame and barrel attached :)

12. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer
    Expand Collapse

I've taught some women with arthritis. If there is a slide problem, there will likely be a double action only trigger problem, too.

One solution is a traditional double action revolver with a hammer. The hammer can be cocked with the palm of the hand.

Another solution is a semi-auto with a tip up barrel, like the little Beretta 21 and tomcats.

Something like a Glock 19 and alternative racking methods is possible, too. As long as someone gets that slide racked initially, the ability to rack for reloads might not be too important (assuming a relable gun for the shooter and no limp wrist problems). A revolver is not likely to easily be reloaded by such a person, either. But at least the revolver has no limp wrist issues.

Just some food for thought :)

13. WmHBonney

WmHBonney
    Expand Collapse

Picked one up last week. Going to be a gift for my wife. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I like the way it feels. I also bought some Critical Defense rounds for it.