close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger LCP. Constant Companion.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Restless28, Feb 25, 2013.

1. After owning the LCP for awhile now, I totally understand why people raved about them. I have the CT laser on mine and I carry it in a Nemesis pocket holster. The ease of carry is awesome. When I'm off the clock, it's with me. Now that I'm losing weight, I have no problem carrying it like a wallet.

My Glock has been relegated to safe queen.

2. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

Feb 25, 2007
    NW Missouri
    I had a LCP for almost 4 years and recently sold it because I hardly used it. I probably didn't carry it a dozen times during the time I had it. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the gun and mine functioned 100%, but you know how everyone has preferences.

To each his own.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

3. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I have felt the same way about my Bodyguard 380. Just way too easy to carry around with a pocket holster. I am picking up a Kahr CM40 on Saturday which I hope to pocket carry as well to replace the .380 round in my pocket with a 40S&W. Hopefully it pocket carries nicely and isn't too heavy.

4. I much prefer carrying heavier but for flat and light the lcp can't be beat.

5. Kurly

Kurly

Jun 27, 2006
    I've carried mine almost exclusively for the past 3.5 years even thought I have a Glock 26, G30 and G17 as well. Nothing beats the comfort and ease of use of an LCP. While it may be debatable about the stopping power, I'd rather have 7 rounds of .380 vs. nothing else.

P.S. Crimson Trace is the way to go for added security.

6. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
  7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    The only thing I haven't liked about my LCP was when it was new and I was putting it through its paces about 70 rounds into a shooting session it statred beating my hand up. Now that it is well proven I only shoot 7 rounds through it every once in a while so that is not a factor. It is a great little gun.

8. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    The whole class of super-concealable 3280s are game changers. My KelTec P3AT never leaves me. No reason to be without it.

Not the best round in the world, but it is the best one to have when you have nothing else.

9. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit

Dec 19, 2009
    Carrying shouldnt be about comfort and don't lull yourself into a false sense of security.

Owned two LCP and sold them both off as I didnt like how lazy I was becoming due to its ease of carry.

Glock 26 for me - if you can't conceal it, youre not trying hard enough.

10. IMO, the new bunch of compact, polymer 9mm pistols make the comparably sized 380s significantly less desirable.

11. Maine

Maine

Sep 19, 2009
    I've had a few that I've either gifted or traded over the past 3-4 years. I wouldn't mind another for beach days and such, hell I'd even swim with it.

12. Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone likes the Block.

13. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Hmmm...not sure i agree...opinions differ, but I fall into " the best self defense round is the round you are carrying" school.

I DO agree with the notion, first heard from Mas Ayoob, then others, that if you decide to carry, then carry ALL THE TIME.

Until we get to Heinlein's "Beyond This Tomorrow" world, carry, unless you are a LEO of some stripe, will always be a series of tradeoffs and compromises.

14. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    In my pocket all the time except when I am physically in the building, at work. (carry is prohibited there)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  15. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Which holster is that? I have a Passport, which is fine, but it doesn't have the spare mag pocket...moot point since the KelTec comes with just one mag, but the option for a spare would be nice.

16. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Uncle Mikes Pocket #1

The mag holder is a modification I found on the Ruger forum.

Take a needle & thread and sew a the two edges together at the point indicated by the red circle. I looped the thread around ~10 times. Then I added just a dab of white glue to the thread I had just sewn on to lock the threads and to protect them from wear.

Then take a razor blade or similar, and looking from a top view of the holster, cut the threads along the red line that hold the two sides of the holster together.

Then you are done. The sewing you did at the point of the red circles will prevent the two sides from separating any further than the section that you cut.

Now you can insert a mag. Initially it will be a tight fit, but push the mag all the way in and over a couple of days, the material will stretch a bit and the mag will be easier to insert/take-out.

A week or so ago I had someone here whining about how horrible it was that I was carrying my spare mag on my strong side and I should wear a mag holder on my weak side and bla bla bla. . My view is: tough ****. . At least I HAVE a spare mag with me. And wearing a mag holder on my belt effects concealability. The nice think about the spare mag being held in the holster is that it squares off the shape, so all that prints is something that looks like a square wallet.

I can slide the whole setup in/out of a pocket in 2 seconds, and be good to go. And because I'm using the #1 holster, and not the "recommended" #2 holster for that size gun, I can easily grab the grip and pull the gun very quickly (without the holster coming with), yet the trigger is well covered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  17. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Feb 26, 2012
  18. I carried the LCP for a couple of years but I wanted a bigger bang. I sold the LCP and I now carry a .357 LCR. Much more bang!:embarassed:

19. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
    What did you use for your sights?