close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger Gp-100 Hiolster Options

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by captdreifus, Jun 8, 2012.

1. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    Hello All,

I just purchased a Ruger GP-100 blued 4'', my first big frame revolver. (Pics to follow once received from FFL, thanks Buds!)

What holster options do I have? This is going to be a "woods" carry and nostalgic carry piece. I am looking for something leather that is OWB and has multiple carry options (standard carry and cross-draw). I would prefer leather, but kydex is always an option.

Lastly, is there such a holster as mentioned above that has a paddle that allows for multiple carry options?

I've tried Google, but I am yielding no results..

Thanks,
    Capt

2. bambikilr

bambikilr

Oct 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I'm going to keep on this thread, because I haven't seen one that you can standard & cross draw...I carry an Uncle Mikes on my belt during my outings in the woods, moslty during deer season, it's cheap, but really havn't found THE holster for it...Good luck & congrats on a great revolver

3. LeathelM

LeathelM

Dec 10, 2011
    I wear a galco fletch high ride. Love it. Also use an iwb blackhawk cheap holster. My main carry is 4" ss gp100

4. USMC61

USMC61

Sep 10, 2008
    Take a look at Simply Rugged. It will do some of the things you want a holster to do and maybe more.

5. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

May 22, 2002
    Huskerville
  6. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    Thanks for the replies. I have heard several talk about the Simply Rugged and Bianchi holsters. I guess I am looking for a high ride, just in case I wanted to conceal. The search continues..

7. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

Jun 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  8. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    I loved my "Simply Rugged" but it was for a G20 Longslide, but wouldn't hesitate getting one for a GP. That being said, when I had a 4 inch GP, carried it in a Don Hume 721. Was very pleased with it's conceal ability, and comfort.

9. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    be aware that Simply Rugged holsters are not very well molded to the firearm, they look home made.

10. Glockworks

Glockworks Ready/Aim/Fire

Yes I know it is not exactly what you asked, but I carry my GP100 4" in an Uncle Mikes IWB #2 and it hides well and gives me zero problems.

My 2 cents anyway.

11. captdreifus

captdreifus aSun666

Jul 24, 2008
    Tempe, Arizona
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to look into that. I am also leaning towards the Galco vertical shoulder holster, albeit it being $160.00:faint::wow:.

12. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Indiana
    Check out Ebay. Just type in Ruger gp100 holster and you will get alot of hits.