close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger confiscates 20 round mags from CO gun owner!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tazz10m, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planetcat

Planetcat
    Expand Collapse

This thread and the other one started in the Ruger sub forum are ignorant bull ****. Ruger is one of the few remaining American gun companies that actually make their guns in the U.S. And bashing them over a controversial way they handled a sticky situation is unacceptable. You all can send your hard earned dollars to euro trash foreign gun making countries all you want. I will send mine to Ruger, S&W, and the dwindling few others that haven't been gobbled up by some big conglomerate. And just because a foreign gun company makes a gun here is not the same as the profits staying here. End rant.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator
    Moderator Millennium Member

Yeah, so, the moment you set it down on the bench at the range you are no longer in possession of it?

"Possession is 9/10ths of the law" so if someone steals it from you you no longer can legally own it?

So, i guess the stupid magazine needs to be carried in your pocket or your hand or in your gun while your gun is in your hands... DON'T LET ANYONE SHOOT YOUR GUN WITH THAT STUPID MAGAZINE IN IT BECAUSE YOU WILL NO LONGER POSSESS IT!!!!

OMG!!!

Wait, it's get's worse! If you go camping or hunting or shooting out in the boonies... and you set your gun down with the mag in it so you can pee... YOU JUST LOST POSSESSION!!!

OMG!!!

Come on, people; just because you send your mag in to a gun smith DOESN'T MEAN YOU GAVE UP POSSESSION OF IT.

Likewise, just because your gun smith sends it to Ruger doesn't mean you gave up possession of it.

Oh, but you say that Ruger is following the law if they don't send it back?

This whole thing is absolutely stupid.

Hahaha... Joe Biden gave us all personal defense advice that we all know is totally illegal... but since he's the vice pres i guess we should follow his advice?

That's almost as bad believing Eric Holder, the US Attorney General who is... wait for it... here it comes... CHARGED WITH CONTEMPT OF COURT.

Then we have that bastion of credibility who knows all and would NEVER do ANYTHING illegal.... we should totally trust and never question the rule of the IRS, RIGHT???

WRONG!!!

Yeah, and i still believe Obama is going to create jobs and save the world.

Hey Israel... why don't you just soak up all those missiles just because Obama told you to.

Yeah... blindly follow laws... that's what our Founding Fathers would do.

If the law said you had to turn in all of your guns; would you do it???

The law says you now have to get on the trains and go for a little ride... better get on them! Hey, it'll be fun! It's for the children! Trust us! We'll even give you a free shower!

Here... just wear this star on your shirt....

3. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator

I agree. When i had the guide rod cup break on my Mini-14 during the LA Riots Ruger sent me a new one, no charge and hooked me up with some other back up parts. Their customer service was great back then.

And to be fair... my customer service SUCKS.

4. AK_Stick

AK_Stick
    Expand Collapse
    AAAMAD
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

That's a lot of effort to still be wrong.

And oh, so wrong.

5. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

:yawn::yawn::yawn:...
    The owner as well as the gunsmith screwed up; not Ruger. IF either of them would have touched base with Ruger BEFORE sending the mags in Ruger would have informed them of the law and they could have kept the mags in his possession. Is that so hard to admit?
    Ruger actually gave him two mags as replacements which they didn't have to do.
    Ignorance of a law regardless of how stupid the law may be is still no excuse. Try that with the Highway Patrolman the next he busts you for doing 15 over the posted speed limit.

6. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator

Ok... that's all funny... but i have to admit, i've put my "pre-ban" Mini-14 through the paces during the LA Riots and it TOTALLY proved itself ROCK SOLID RELIABLE. I can't speak for anyone else's, but mine ROCKS.

My 10/22 ROCKS pretty good, too. I've had it since 1977 when i bought it new. It hits EXACTLY what i aim it at. If it doesn't go "bang" it's not because of the gun... even if it needs a new spring...hey, springs wear out and need to be replaced... that's on me. If it doesn't cycle, it's because of either the ammo, or because i need to clean it.

But if Ruger had any cajones, it would make some BATTLE rifles and fight for the 2nd Amendment. If it wasn't for the 2nd Amendment Ruger wouldn't have made NEAR the money they have.

See... my Mini isn't a "battle rifle"... it's a "Ranch Rifle"... you know... for the ranch... coyotes and prairie dogs.... :upeyes:

7. AK_Stick

AK_Stick
    Expand Collapse
    AAAMAD

No matter how much you'd like to argue Tazz, its fairly simple.

The owner, didn't know the law in his state, and he surrendered possession of his mags when he allowed them to be shipped out of state.

They're now illegal to return to CO.

Like it or not, its the owner, and the gunsmiths fault, and not Rugers. Ruger is simply following the letter of the law to stay out of legal trouble.

8. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

Ruger gives more cash to pro gun interests than any other USA based gun maker. I'd say that's fighting for 2nd Amendment rights pretty well. If you really have the itch for toting a "battle rifle" re-up and go to the sandbox. They'll put one in your hands over there...

9. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator

BULL CRAP. A law is unconstitutional the MOMENT it is passed!

So, if you don't follow it, you are NOT 'breaking it' BECAUSE IT IS NOT REALLY LAW.

And, YES, much of the NFA is in fact unconstitutional.

No i don't have a sawed off shotgun... but the law saying they are illegal is in fact unconstitutional. Same with the concealed carry laws that say you need a permit or license. Read the background history of the reasoning of each of these laws... they are RIDICULOUS.

Btw, "Obamacare" is also unconstitutional. That judge that said it is is FULL OF CRAP.

The government CANNOT FORCE ANYONE TO BUY ANYTHING. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, please, don't hand me any of that "auto insurance" argument crap.

10. AK_Stick

AK_Stick
    Expand Collapse
    AAAMAD

I understand how you feel, but your feelings, don't mean that the law is null and void.

You can work to change it, but its still the law. Which means not following it, is breaking it.

11. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator

Hahaha... yeah... that's a solid argument! I guess all the people that make donations to both the Democrat candidate and the Republican candidate are really doing us all a big favor, right? Hahahahahahaha...

And, yeah, i'm thinking about going to Israel and helping them fight. But right now i have a bigger responsibility to stay here and protect my family.

Maybe you haven't noticed America has been going right down the proverbial toilet.

In 1988 i predicted the LA Riots of '92. "Everyone" laughed.

In 1988 i also predicted the current economic turdhole. I repeated that prediction right up until it happened. Everyone laughed... until the crash... except me. The moment the economy crashed i LAUGHED... AND THEN I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A NICE FAT CHUNK OF PRIME REAL ESTATE WHILE EVERYONE ELSE CRIED. HAHAHAHAHAHAA......

Come on, LAUGH!!!

I put about $150,000 in my pocket the moment i signed on this place!

YEAH BABY!!! I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!!!

And those who wouldn't listen to me before.... oh, THE LISTEN NOW!!!

hahahahaha................:rofl:

12. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator

BINGO!!!

BUT, hopefully future clarification or eventual legal precedent will dump the law because it is clearly unconstitutional.

Hey... where can i find an honest lawyer?

Oh... wait... never mind.

13. Tazz10m

Tazz10m
    Expand Collapse
    Mod Aerator

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3dDNPwJTU&feature=youtu.be"]"No Thanks" Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals EVER! - YouTube[/ame]

14. Gunny Lingus

Gunny Lingus
    Expand Collapse
    Think it moved

Am I the only one still boycotting Ruger and SW?

15. WayneJessie

WayneJessie
    Expand Collapse

WOW. You really are high on yourself. A modern-day prophet.:rofl:

16. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701
    Expand Collapse
    Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

And about as right as "prophets" usually are.

17. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney
    Expand Collapse

The matter sounds like crap to me. I guess Ruger is not as good as they used to be.

18. eb07

eb07
    Expand Collapse
    Sharkin'

Oh my.

Please indulge me with stories of how you shot people with your mini-14 during the LA riots

I specifically said the Ruger 7.62 is junk. I personally own an sr-22, LCR, and 10/22 that I am completely happy with. I have owned vaqueros and sp101's that were great too. My lc9 was nice, but had too many safety features on it to appease the commiefornia doj. There are plenty of better options for a 308 AR or non ar semi platform.

Ruger is out to make a buck and designs firearms based upon the target markets. They do well with this business model.

Your mini is a cheap attempt at something along those lines. I have owned a couple. The AR is more accurate, more reliable, more customizable, and easier to work on.

#118 eb07, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  19. Markk9

Markk9
    Expand Collapse

No, I refuse to purchase either.

20. Leigh

Leigh
    Expand Collapse

When the Mini-14 was introduced, you had one other option; a Colt SP-1 with little if any potential for modification and if you happened to be a lefty, you learned to either shoot right-handed or get used to hot brass in your face.

Fast forward almost 40 years and yes, other platforms outperform the little carbine with its Garand/M14 type action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.