Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ruger confiscates 20 round mags from CO gun owner!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tazz10m, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

Originally posted on LinkedIn

Maybe it's time for a boycott of Ruger just like WE started on Smith & Wesson that cause S&W to crash and have to sell for pennies on the dollar. Maybe some of you remember that from the early days of GlockTalk.

Ruger confiscates 20 round mags from CO gun owner!

Robert Parker
    President/Gunsmith at Parker Arms & Gunsmithing Ltd
    I just wanted to let you know what happened when we sent an SR-7.62 back to Ruger for service.

My customer said firearm didn't work straight out of the box. We inspected and test fired here at the shop and came to the same conclusion.
    We contacted Ruger and they wanted to see the rifle. They sent return label and we boxed and shipped. We included the 20 rd mags because the last round hold open was not functioning and this customers last Ruger purchase had defective mags that Ruger ended up replacing.
    They contacted a few days later and said the rifle could not be repaired and they would be replacing it. On Monday 8/18 Raelyn Howard from Ruger contacted us and stated they would not be returning the three 20 round mags returned to them and would replace them with six 10 round mags. I sent Raelyn a copy of "The ACT' and AG John Suthers clarification of the definition of continuous possession and the exemption for service by gunsmiths. Raelyn contacted me yesterday saying that the Ruger legal dept. says they can't return the mags because they are illegal in CO. For clarification, when the customer dropped of the rifle and mags we checked the date codes on them since they were made by MagPul and they had June 2013 date codes, prior to the law taking effect. Ruger has shipped a replacement rifle and 10 round mags are said to be on the way. My customer is not happy to say the least and I'm more than a little upset that Ruger is now confiscating mags from their customers.
    Please let everyone know that they should not send mags with capacities of more than 15 to anyone outside of CO even if it is a manufacturer or gunsmith.
  2. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    That's very disconcerting to hear. Ruger used to be golden.

3. Tazz10m

Ruger has not always been 'golden'. They have gone along with the leftist anti-gun crowd and have pulled off a bunch of crap over 'high cap' mags several times now. They have only been "good" in the last few years... i can't remember how many... basically after Bill Ruger died.
  4. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

Jun 30, 2006
    Ruger is following CO state law. Parker Arms & Gunsmithing should have known the new law.
  5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    You said "always" I did not.
  6. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

Ummmmm, can you not read English?

They were PREBAN MAGS!!!!

It's not rocket science dude! KNOW YOUR LAWS!!!!!

7. Tazz10m

The law is unconstitutional and the US Constitution RULES. Unconstitutional laws DO NOT have to be followed... although one still may find themselves arrested if not followed. A state can NOT make ANY laws that infringe on your right to keep and bear arms, or any other right. They can ONLY make laws about rights that POINT OUT that you have MORE rights, not less! People that don't stand up for this fact deserve to lose. Freedom isn't free, baby!

BOYCOTT RUGER!!! Matter of fact, why don't we boycott ALL products that are shipped out of Colorado? Oh, THAT would send a message FAST.

"We" (a bunch of us on GlockTalk started it) boycotted Smith & Wesson when Thomkins PLC (think; Murry lawn mowers, ENGLAND) when they got together with the Clinton Administration at the TREASURY department trying to pull off a bunch of crap about how and were guns could be sold. Glock was smart and BALLSY enough to WALK OUT OF THE MEETING.

Smith and Wesson soon CRUMBLED. Maybe some of you remember that. The boycott caused their sales to drop like a rock. They had to lay almost everyone off. The value of the company PLUMMETED to almost NOTHING. "We" all LAUGHED. They were then forced to put Smith & Wesson up for sale and finally sold to an AMERICAN company for PENNIES on the dollar. Then, after we all saw that S&W was running 'properly' like an AMERICAN company should, we all said; "Ok, let's all support S&W and buy their products again!" WE DID... and S&W SOARED back up! Look at them today! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!

Tell Ruger that we are all sick and tired of their crap. This is NOT the first time they have pulled off this magazine crap. If they don't return the magazines immediately, change their policy, and STAND UP TO THE GOVERNMENT IN FAVOR OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL ALL BOYCOTT THEM. Put it in writing and CC the state, etc. Hell, tell the stupid news media... they will have a field day with it and that will only help us all get the word out.

Ruger has the money, the resources to fight this legally... and they SHOULD. GLOCK had the balls, and if i remember correctly, a few other gun manufacturers also did. Didn't MAGPUL just LEAVE Colorado???

Tell Ruger the writings on the wall.

I love Ruger guns and own them... and have for years. My very first gun was a Ruger 10/22. I've recommended Rugers so much it's not funny. They should freaking PAY me! But i am sick and tired of their crap. This is it. Tell them "last warning" or the boycott begins. Give them 1- WEEK to decide... and then the word of this story goes out onto ALL the internet bulletin boards and internet forums and their demise begins.

We'll be MORE than happy to show them how to play this game.
  8. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    Ruger is following the law of the land, the law that the good folks in Colorado had their legislators enact.
  9. Tazz10m

I know.
  10. Tazz10m

It doesn't matter. Their laws can NOT go against the Constitution. California and several other states, as well as the Federal Government, are also guilty of this.

Let's send a message to them all through Ruger.
  11. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

Jun 30, 2006
    I am very familiar with my states stupid gun laws. Once the gun owner turned possession of the mags over to the gunsmith who then shipped them out of state, he (the gun owner) lost ownership of those mags by rule of CO law.

The gunsmith F-ed up, not Ruger.
  12. State laws do go against the Constitution. What are you going to do? The states have a lot of police officers, well trained, well paid, to enforce the laws. The states also have money for lawyers.

Fight the police? No. Fight the lawyers? Expensive and risky.

We've got to vote the anti-gun politicians out and repeal the bad laws.
  13. CarryTexas

Aug 8, 2002
    Sounds to me like Ruger is following the law. A corporation must err on the side of caution. If there lawyers say they would violate the law by sending them back what do you expect them to do?

Pick your battles. I for one will not boycott Ruger for this one.

Colorado's laws may be unconstitutional, but if you expect Ruger to fight that battle for you, it's not gonna happen.
  14. Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Sucks but I can't blame Ruger on this one either. I would guess Ruger donates more money and resources fighting for the 2nd A than most folks on here calling for a boycott. I don't think they need to be the target of a boycott. Take the fight to the officials in Colorado.
  15. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    Don't blame Ruger, blame your stupid lawmakers. Ruger would be in hot water if they sent the mag back, no different than companies that are forbidden to sell high cap mags to certain states.
  16. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004

Not Ruger's fault though...
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  17. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

And when that fails, the Revolution begins!!!

18. WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    I agree and have absolutely no intention of boycotting Ruger. Common sense tells you not to send anything back with a gun UNLESS the manufacturer requests it. Had someone touched base with Ruger about the mags before the gun was sent in they more than likely would have warned you of the consequences.
    Don't blame Ruger for the leftists that have been elected in your state.
  19. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    This ! . SJ 40
  20. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

easy there, that's not a good knee-jerk GT reaction
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.