close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ruger 22/45 magazine doesn't drop out

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cangler, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cangler

cangler
    Expand Collapse
    Republican!!

I had bought this ruger 22/45 pistol recently, it was the last one they had... display model... and even at the dealer, I noticed the magazines wouldn't drop freely out when you push the mag release button. In most cases, they will drop just enough for you to be able to pull it out with two fingers... like it comes out about half an inch or so. It really bugs me, but it was the last one they had, and this particular model is hard to find. Anyways, as far as I know, the magazine is suppose to fall out easily on this gun... would a typical gunsmith be able to resolve this issue you imagine? I have no idea why it gets stuck... but hopefully it's fixable. I prefer all my handguns guns to have a drop free magazine release.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 cangler, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. zxracer3

zxracer3
    Expand Collapse

The magazine won't drop out because of the mag safety. You need an OEM mark II hammer bushing or an oversized clarck's custom mark II hammer bushing (for less play in the trigger), in order to remove the mag safety. Then once the safety is removed your mags will drop free. There's no other way.

3. cangler

cangler
    Expand Collapse
    Republican!!

Ahhh, that makes sense.

So, where do you think I could find either of those hammer bushings, not real clear what they look like either.

Thanks!

4. cangler

cangler
    Expand Collapse
    Republican!!

5. zxracer3

zxracer3
    Expand Collapse

#5 zxracer3, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  6. cangler

cangler
    Expand Collapse
    Republican!!

thanks, that was helpful!

7. Glock2008

Glock2008
    Expand Collapse
    Gun User

If you have a dremel you can also just buy some flat washers at the hardware store and grind a flat spot on one side and use that to replace the mag safty.