Ruger 1911 help

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by matt_lowry123, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Call Ruger they will make it right for you.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Thanks for all the info everybody. I've probably put around 1000-1200 rounds through it now. It's been running fine and hasn't messed up once. I've let some new shooters shoot it the other day and it was throwing them for a loop. They were riding the side when they were trying to chamber a round. Most of the shooters at the range ask to shoot it, because they're hard to get I guess?

I might do the 1000g sand paper and smooth it out some. I just can't stand all the rough spots.

3. That's not normal wear in the pictures. It's galling...and it's a problem.

Yes to the light grease on the rails. On the slidestop...If the recent clone makers and copy cats would adhere to original blueprint specs, and make the slidestops with a small fillet in the corner where the pin joins the arm to create a .003 inch gap between the arm and the frame, there wouldn't be any marring of the finish.

The same goes for the thumb safety, where the hammer and sear pins stand slightly proud of the frame to give the safety a raised surface to slide on without bearing on the frame.

But, I guess building pistols to print is asking too much these days...