Ruger 10/22 Takedown

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by actionshooter10, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Have ya'll seen these?

I'm about to pick up a couple. I'll follow-up with a review in a week or so.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS: Tech-Sights front and rear for Ruger 10/22 Gun Parts & Accessories Thursday at 7:33 PM
    Check out my new Archangel Precision stock for the Ruger 10/22 Rimfire Forum Wednesday at 10:49 PM
    WTS Nordic AR22 Conversion kit for Ruger 10/22 Gun Parts & Accessories Jul 13, 2015
    Ruger 10/22 Magnum factory wood stock excellent condition Gun Parts & Accessories Jun 24, 2015
    WTS: Ruger 10/22 Carbine Rifle - Unfired Firearms Listings May 16, 2015

3. Better option than the AR7. Neat. Seen it around here already though.

4. codecowboy

codecowboy NRA Life Member

This is on my short list to acquire. It's about time they did this.

5. I have one, picked it up about 2 weeks ago. It's a 10/22, shoots like a stock 10/22 but comes apart for easy storage/concealment/carrying.

I need to put a different scope on mine, the one I had laying around is just too big for it. I was able to get the rifle zeroed in at 50 yards and the gun held the zero with multiple assembly and disassembles.

I plan on doing some trigger upgrades and possibly getting the barrel threaded

6. I bought a new Henry AR-7 a month ago, just two weeks before Ruger released the Take-Down.

And I only bought it cause 10/22s don't break down.....Terrible timing on my part.

7. i just wanna see full size picture of your avatar,lol

8. I see MSRP is almost twice the price of standard guns, what prices are you seeing at your LGS?

9. Yep checked out 10/22 takedown local gun store. Seems like Ruger thought through the design and function. Solid. Couple videos on YouTube reviewing the firearm. I'm pretty sure I'll pick up one this week. Nice package and add other items in the neat bag that comes with the gun. Sweet go-bag, boat gun, travel piece, survival gun. It's a little pricey at 319.00.

#8 glockguerilla, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. Mine was about $350 out the door after taxes and BC. Going price seems to be right around $300.

11. And they still don't break down as tight as an AR-7.

12. I got one... $319, with the case included... Sweet :)

Pretty simple to breakdown... Performs as well as my other 10/22s... Put a mini red dot on it (those stock irons are too small for me), but still need to zero it.

I am pleased so far, tho :supergrin:

13. Picked up 2 for 320/each. Package comes with the bag/case and scope base.

I put this scope on it with these rings.

Eye relief is PERFECT and I'm getting dime sized groups at 50 yards.

Pictures to follow.

14. Now that a few people have these.

Here is the question.

What does the take down give you that adding a folding stock to a 10/22 carbine does not?

Carrying case?

15. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I saw one at my LGS. Neat concept. But the execution is a little off IMO. By the time you stuff the thing in the bag it comes with its a relatively large package.

Now of course you don't have to use the bag. But then what's the point? You can fit a thumb screw to a regular 10-22 and just take it out of the stock, receiver and all, and have about the same size package as a takedown 10-22.

Again, YMMV and not crapping on what it is...

16. I suspect it will also have the same problem as most .22 take downs, changing POI after take down if you use a receiver mounted scope. I would go with the 10/22 compact instead.

17. I have not had that problem, yet. I sighted in my rifle with my scope, then took apart and put back together, shot and my POI remained the same.

The lockup on this rifle is nice and tight and you can adjust the tension as well.

18. shotgunred

shotgunred reloading nut

While I really like my regular 10=22. I havent used it sinse I bought the SW 1522
    [​IMG]

19. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

The whole thing seems moot without an integrally silenced barrel if stealth is your goal.

20. A smaller package. This breaks down to two pieces no longer than 19 inches. A folding stock carbine is going to be at least 25 inches. 6 inches doesn't sound like much until you put it in a pack or strap it to a motorcycle.

Eta: Aftermarket parts are already in the works. Don't rule out the the suppressed barrel...;)
    You're right. I guess I'm paying for convienence and no POI shift. It takes about 5 seconds to put it together and 3 seconds to break it down.

I fired a 5 shot group. I broke the rifle down and put it back together between shots. The group measured .5 inches at 50 yards.

#19 actionshooter10, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  21. OK

It should be interesting to see what aftermarket products come out specifically for the TD. I can only think of a folding stock. What would you like to see?

My most likely need is a Zombie - for that I want the gun together with a suppressor. You just never know when you will come across one.

#20 Dexters, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012