close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger 10/22 RBI

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by bisoy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. so i was window shopping this afternoon and saw a familiar but not similar looking rifle. sounds odd? well i was sure it looked like a ruger 10/22 but the wooden stock is extended way upto the tip of the barrel. i inquired about it and the lady says it is indeed a ruger 10/22 but an RBI variant. i checked the internet upon coming back to the office and i cant seem to find any info on the rifle. anyone has anything to say about this rifle? it is cheaper than the regular 10/22s. this is almost the same price as the marlin 795. can somebody compare this 10/22 RBI vs the regular 10/22s? and if possible, the RBI vs the marlin 795s? thanks in advance.

this is the rifle i saw today:
    [​IMG]

except that the actual unit had a blued finish.

2. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

Jun 19, 2003
    Durian City, Philippines
    all 10/22 are the same in their receiver, barrel, bolt, etc. they only differ in finish, length of barrel and stocks. better get that if it's cheap. that model is already discontinued but that is still the same 10/22 underneath. all parts are the same except for the stock

3. the one i saw is exactly like this....

[​IMG]

how cheap is cheap? the ruger 10/22 RBI sells for 23k with license.

dok, if i may ask, what's the advantage of having a longer stock? balance? accuracy?

4. Bisoy,

That is the 10/22 "International" model. The stock is the "International" or a Mannlicher style. Buy it!

5. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

May 31, 2006
  6. ess45

ess45

Nov 17, 2006
    Buy it, if the price is reasonable and keep it stock.

You can just take out the receiver if you want to build something ultimate but don't mess with the other parts.

7. im sorry for my ignorance but i have to ask.... what is so special about this?

8. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    It's a premium model. Buy it!;)

9. ok. one last question.... between this and the marlin 795, which one would you buy and why?

10. Dok

Dok Rimfire Fan

Jun 19, 2003
    Durian City, Philippines
    this.... it's a ruger. lot's of parts and accessories to tinker, higher resale value

11. ess45

ess45

Nov 17, 2006
    :thumbsup: