close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ruger 10/22 "full auto"

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by dragon281tx, Mar 12, 2010.

1. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
    Hey guys. I've seen so called "full auto" 10/22 vids online a long time ago and I was wondering what mod it was and where I can get one. If my memory serves me right, it's a mod that you can buy that "bump fires" the weapon for you while holding down the trigger, hence imitating a full auto. I've also heard because of that, this mod is LEGAL and is pretty much the closest thing you can get to full auto LEGALLY. But this was a long time ago and I dont know if anything's changed regarding this mod. I've tried googling it but i wasn't able to find any info on it.
    If you know what this is, please let me know. I'm in the market for a .22LR rifle and if the 10/22 is capable of this, it just might very well be my next purchase. Which brings me to my next question: Are there any other .22LR rifles capable of this? The other rifle im interested in is the Sig 522. If there's something like this for the 522, please let me know. Thanks in advance

2. MCKNBRD

MCKNBRD

Feb 2, 2005
    Thomasville, NC
    I'll be the first one to take the bait; you are tapdancing on a landmine with the 'bump firing' thing. Do a little more research, and I think you'll find its a trick with the trigger, so most any autoloading rifle can do it. Do just a little bit MORE research, and you'll probably find that its kinda like those 'passive' radar jammers in your car. Just a great way to seperate you from your money and get a LOT of questions asked of you by the boys in blue.

3. GSSF17

GSSF17 ...2 of 'em

Jan 25, 2009
    Central FL
    SA?

Forget everything you have said or suggested. I, for one, will not take this bait. Or at least, in full.

If you want to fire a weapon full auto, or have the audacity to post about flirting with the idea here, I will tell you as all others will (or should) on this site:

Get the BATFE stamp, do the right thing, and comply with all NFA rules.

Thanks.:upeyes:

Next?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  4. A mod to the gun would be illegal.

There is, or was, a trigger doohickey called the Hellfire that would assist a type of bump firing. I had one years ago, but found it worthless.

If I am not mistaken, even though the Hellfire company said it was legal, and had letters from the ATF saying so, the BATFE later deemed them "full auto" upgrades and considered them Class III.

Realistically, they are useless because to go bump fire auto makes it inaccurate and wastes ammo. The Hellfire was intended to be shot from the hip, which was even more ridiculous.

Controlled semi auto fire is enough for extreme recreational purposes.

5. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
    Thanks for the info and not being an ******* about it. I am in no way trying to get around the ATF by modding stuff and making it "full auto." I just thought i stumbled on something that would resemble full auto shooting that isn't frowned upon by the ATF. I should've known there's no such thing.

6. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
    Yes I've tried that with my AR. I'm no pro though. I can only get a few shots in at a time.

7. How was I being an *******? You asked a question, I gave you the answer. If you don't like the answer, don't be a punk about it.

You probably don't understand that this is the kind of subject that gets locked PDQ at GT. Realistically, you are still asking about a mod that could be illegal in the eyes of the BATFE without a Class III stamp.

Again, just because you don't like the answer, doesn't mean you have to be a punk.

8. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
    LOL no need to get hostile. Read the post again. I said "thanks for NOT being an *******."

9. G19freak

G19freak

Nov 26, 2001
    My buddy has a Norell 10/22---8k and a tax stamp gets you a legal full auto .22

10. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

May 17, 2002
    Hallstead, PA
    Dragon, let's see if he has the courage to apologize for that gaffe!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  11. lanternlad

lanternlad Mythmatician

Mar 28, 2008
    How would you like your crow, Rooster?

12. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

May 17, 2002
    Hallstead, PA
    IIRC, Defeathered, and well done, with a large piece of humble pie for dessert! :supergrin:

13. Well done with sauteed onions, black eye peas and cornbread on the side. That humble pie Hugh mentioned will be nice for desert.

My sincerest apologies. I was wrong. My buddy Jack must have impaired my reading.

14. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
  15. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. dragon281tx

dragon281tx

Oct 16, 2009
    No worries. Just a simple misunderstanding

17. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    I'm not sure if it's FA, but there is an NFA 10/22 that's entire barrel is a suppressor... that would be fun, too.

18. DaveCharlie09

DaveCharlie09

Nov 6, 2009
    Vermont
    There was also the Akins Accelerator stock for the 10/22.